Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alerts self-dismissing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I touch the bell near the top right of the screen, it brings up a list of recent alerts. In recent weeks, I find that the pop-up list close without me closing it. Sometimes, it closes within a second and I cannot read the list of alerts. Other times, it will stay open a few to maybe 5 seconds and yet other times it will just stay open properly. I often have to reopen the list quite a few times. Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

I believe that popup blocks a part of the navigation window... it would be typical UI behavior that it goes away after a little while. Are you driving when you look at it?
Nope, parked. It makes sense for it to go away after a little while, but at times it goes away immediately, as in I'm still lifting my finger from pressing the icon. Or, it might last a second or two. This morning, it did this three times, i.e., I had to hit the bell icon three times, before it finally stayed up long enough to read. It has been fine for the rest of the day.

Ah. There is a screen Spigen tempered glass screen protector on there. I wonder if I can temporarily remove that and put it back on (without it becoming covered in gunk. I don't think I saved the packing. It isn't inconceivable, but it does seem odd that it is only this one button location that is affected, though.