Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alignment and air filter =$1000?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
they might as well sell rust proofing and lifetime brake pads if they’re scamming prices on regular maintenance items like a old school dealership. Wtf

IMG_5941.jpeg

Air filter replacement was a lot cheaper on my model Y. $47.64 via mobile service.
Thats strange. You can’t even buy a filter for the Y over the counter for that cheap.

Regardless, the Model X HEPA filter is gigantic compared to thr Model Y filter. So, it’s no wonder Tesla charges that much for a Model X filter service. Even generic HEPA filter for the X is over $200.

Reactions: Leeclanual
Thats strange. You can’t even buy a filter for the Y over the counter for that cheap.

Regardless, the Model X HEPA filter is gigantic compared to thr Model Y filter. So, it’s no wonder Tesla charges that much for a Model X filter service. Even generic HEPA filter for the X is over $200.
MX has 2 filters, the HEPA Cabin Filter is behind the glove box, and exceedingly cheap. The Biohazard filter is under the frunk and expensive. The Filter shown in the estimate says Cabin filter. I bought the filter from tesla service for about $15. On amazon they are less than $20.

Generic Biohazard filter for the X is about $80.

MX has 2 filters, the HEPA Cabin Filter is behind the glove box, and exceedingly cheap. The Biohazard filter is under the frunk and expensive. The Filter shown in the estimate says Cabin filter. I bought the filter from tesla service for about $15. On amazon they are less than $20.

Generic Biohazard filter for the X is about $80.
Ohh, I forgot about that cabin filter.

Now, I remember the tech that changed out the HEPA filter for our X told me that the cabin filter doesn't even need changing due to the generously oversized HEPA filter.

HEPA filter is also considered a cabin filter. It filters the air going into the cabin.
Pricing seems competitive to other dealerships for a 4 wheel alignment. If the cabin filter is the large HEPA, that also seems to be in line.
Cheaper aftermarket filters also are not HEPA. Not the same quality or effectiveness as the Tesla ones.
The little, under dash HEPA filters are pretty inexpensive, directly from Tesla.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H