Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alignment numbers for best tire life?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about camber angle numbers for better wear and performance? Also wondering, can rear toe be measured on a lowered M3P using the "string method"??? Last set of rear tires wore out on the inside edge. New rear tires and MPP camber arms installed. Or add MPP toe arms too and take it to a speed shop for proper alignment?

Attachments

• 16979391828929204294475325050546.jpg
    16979391828929204294475325050546.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 45
Hello all,

I have 2018 model 3 RWD LRm with the standard 18" wheels.
I have a very long commute.
What alignment numbers give the longest tire life?

TIA.
The recommended camber settings fall between -0.5° to 0.5° for the front and -1.0° to -2.0° for the rear. As for toe settings, both the front and rear should be within the 0.05° to 0.15° range. The caster, specific to the front, is best set between 2.8° to 3.8°. Hopefully this is helpful.

And then, would a bigger rear sway bar dial out the understeer for when I want to have some fun?
You can’t disable stability assist so the car still won’t let you power slide or do much more than subtle rotation control with the throttle. Additionally, I found a more satisfying improvement in both road feel and under steer reduction by adding Lower Control Arm and Compression Rod Bearings than I did with my stiffer rear anti-sway bar.

As to toe, I typically set mine to as close as possible to 0 degrees front and rear for daily driving, using alignment plates and tape measures (the “string” method). I have also experimented with 1-1.5 degrees of rear toe-out to successfully dial in more oversteer.