Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Seasons MY P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The second person I spoke to wrote: "And that’s super interesting about the all seasons! I haven’t seen that yet, but will be on the lookout. I can also confirm with you once your car actually arrives." She was much nicer..
I asked 2 SA's and they both had heard about the A/S tires but insisted they would come with summer tires. You really can't know until it shows up from the railyard to the dealership or wherever it's being delivered to. I'd LOVE to have A/S it would solve a bunch of problems but I'm not holding my breath.
Made in China
ahh thanks for the clarification. I was getting excited cause my MYP was made in Freemont.

The second person I spoke to wrote: "And that’s super interesting about the all seasons! I haven’t seen that yet, but will be on the lookout. I can also confirm with you once your car actually arrives." She was much nicer..
Final update- the SA in Superior, CO just confirmed that:
Hey –

So after your email, I went out and walked the lot and as it turns out…all the PY’s have the Michelins! Very surprised. We haven’t received any communication about this, but it seems like there’s a good shot yours will come with the Pilot Sport All Seasons. I will say, though, they do seem like a performance all season, so while they’re probably good for highway driving in wet/snow, if you’re heading into the mountains often, you might still want to go with the snow tires.

But figured I’d share what I learned! Thanks for the heads up. I can’t say I would’ve looked otherwise.

I was pleasantly surprised to see my come with the Michelins at delivery this morning.
03292A6F-3D65-418E-A936-7FBFA120E11F.jpeg

This is more and more promising. So far- all the MYP's I've seen get A/S tires are in climates where they're basically a non-issue at least for local use. Minnesota just got 20" of snow a couple days ago- with my delivery date next Tuesday, I'm gonna be more than a bit irked if I get P-Zero's. It's all part of the plan though, I have wheels and tires sitting in the garage ready to have TPMS installed and mounted. I originally planned on selling the uber's with pz's to recoup the cost of the aftermarket ones anyway. But still... the logic...

Reactions: Corndart
This is more and more promising. So far- all the MYP's I've seen get A/S tires are in climates where they're basically a non-issue at least for local use. Minnesota just got 20" of snow a couple days ago- with my delivery date next Tuesday, I'm gonna be more than a bit irked if I get P-Zero's. It's all part of the plan though, I have wheels and tires sitting in the garage ready to have TPMS installed and mounted. I originally planned on selling the uber's with pz's to recoup the cost of the aftermarket ones anyway. But still... the logic...
I'd disabuse you of the notion that summer tires are suitable for the Pac NW. Many areas are hilly and we get a fair bit of ice and infrequent snow, which is ideal for all seasons. Would assume in your area dedicated winters are all but required.

I'd disabuse you of the notion that summer tires are suitable for the Pac NW. Many areas are hilly and we get a fair bit of ice and infrequent snow, which is ideal for all seasons. Would assume in your area dedicated winters are all but required.
Oh I don't doubt summer tires in PNW would be less than ideal. I was referring to people in LA, Vegas and Florida- I've read at least 2 in each of those areas that got the A/S love. It all boils down to communication- it's not like you're talking about a spoiler or fog lights. Tires make a big difference in drivability let alone being able to safely drive in winter climates. When you switch out dedicated summer tires to A/S without any kind of communication and do it in a seemingly random fashion, that's a knock against Tesla in my book. I've bitched about this too much already. I'm prepared either way so let's go delivery date!! w00t w00t!!

Haha. We picked up in Schaumburg, IL and arrived in our Model 3 with a set of TSportline TS5 with Michelin X-Ice Snows. The service department swapped them out after I accepted delivery. Since I min/max wheels and tires I'm okay with this.
You fit 4 19+" wheels and tires WITH a passenger in the M3? I hauled mine in a 2000 camry and had to put one in the front seat. Bravo!

Oh I don't doubt summer tires in PNW would be less than ideal. I was referring to people in LA, Vegas and Florida- I've read at least 2 in each of those areas that got the A/S love. It all boils down to communication- it's not like you're talking about a spoiler or fog lights. Tires make a big difference in drivability let alone being able to safely drive in winter climates. When you switch out dedicated summer tires to A/S without any kind of communication and do it in a seemingly random fashion, that's a knock against Tesla in my book. I've bitched about this too much already. I'm prepared either way so let's go delivery date!! w00t w00t!!
It seems they swapped at a specific VIN sequence, not based on destination. Could be the P-Zeros are OOS, or something else.

Even more curious is I can't find any reference to summer tires on the Y page anymore but may just have missed it.