Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Tesla new inventory MS/X US cars are gone....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Checked ev-cpo this morning and all new inventory MS/X US cars are completely gone. Checked Tesla's site directly for a few major zip codes, same thing there.... no inventory. Maybe a major price reset on the way given the recent pricing and battery changes for the MS/X???

Checked ev-cpo this morning and all new inventory MS/X US cars are completely gone. Checked Tesla's site directly for a few major zip codes, same thing there.... no inventory. Maybe a major price reset on the way given the recent pricing and battery changes for the MS/X???

I suspect they're re-working the inventory website to now accommodate the new "Model S/X" and "Model S/X Performance" trim levels instead of the older kWh trim levels. I'll keep on top of it in case it changes and make the necessary changes to the site.

I suspect they're re-working the inventory website to now accommodate the new "Model S/X" and "Model S/X Performance" trim levels instead of the older kWh trim levels. I'll keep on top of it in case it changes and make the necessary changes to the site.
That doesn't make sense. You're saying they pulled existing inventory of 75D/100D/P100D to somehow retrofit them into SR/ER/P ? That would require hardware changes (like swapping a 75 battery to 100). If your theory is they are going to come back as the same 75D models anyways, why pull them while redoing the website? They can only depreciate while offline.

That doesn't make sense. You're saying they pulled existing inventory of 75D/100D/P100D to somehow retrofit them into SR/ER/P ? That would require hardware changes (like swapping a 75 battery to 100). If your theory is they are going to come back as the same 75D models anyways, why pull them while redoing the website? They can only depreciate while offline.
That's just how they do it. If you look back over the past 3+ years, they often have a great "purge" of inventory cars...only to have the cars show back up weeks or months later.

No, I'm not saying they're going to actually retrofit the cars. There wasn't much inventory listed to begin with, so it's not even that many cars -- maybe a few hundred. I don't know what they'll physically do with them, use them as loaners or demos for a while, then sell them "off menu" or use a company cars or sell them off as fleet cars at a discount.

What I was saying is that they're revamping the website to properly list any new inventory that's created with the new trim lines, while the used listings will still have the old kWh trim lines as options.

If you go look at the inventory site now, you'll see all the option selectors on the left side are grayed out and disabled.