Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All things Austin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nate at Bespoke in cedar park for ppf and other options is best in Texas in my opinion.
Nate did my X as well. So far things are good, but I need to have him check a few things. The shop has been great to work with so far. I can't even see it, unless you look at the specific corners where they needed to end the wrap. They don't take off panels to wrap behind them, but it looks good.

Price was very reasonable.

Reactions: buttershrimp
Anyone have a recommendation on where to get tires rotated? The service center is charging me $140 for it and I'll do it this time but I need some place that is more reasonable. If I pay that to rotate them every 5k to 6k miles and it gives me an extra 5 to 6k miles it isn't worth it on the cost of tires alone.

Also I used Brian Daly at Austin Detailing to do paint correction, ceramic coating, Llumar Formula One Pinnacle tint. He is amazing. I wish I would have used him to do PPF but too late now :)

Anyway here is a photo of the outside of my car @JGard I will try to get a shot of the inside but the inside doesn't look bad at all. Most people who sit in my car don't even comment on the difference between the roof and the back glass.
mPr1AHg.jpg

ObdyfnU.jpg

Anyone have a recommendation on where to get tires rotated? The service center is charging me $140 for it and I'll do it this time but I need some place that is more reasonable. If I pay that to rotate them every 5k to 6k miles and it gives me an extra 5 to 6k miles it isn't worth it on the cost of tires alone.

Also I used Brian Daly at Austin Detailing to do paint correction, ceramic coating, Llumar Formula One Pinnacle tint. He is amazing. I wish I would have used him to do PPF but too late now :)

Anyway here is a photo of the outside of my car @JGard I will try to get a shot of the inside but the inside doesn't look bad at all. Most people who sit in my car don't even comment on the difference between the roof and the back glass.

Before I had my tesla, I used discount tire for all of my rotations as they were free and you could schedule in advance. I'm sure they work on teslas as well, though I'd want to make sure that the particular shop you're taking it to is very experienced with the tesla. I've ready other stories from people where they will also drive the car into the bay so the tech doesn't screw it up in case they're not used to driving a tesla.

Either that, or do it yourself. Seems like it'd be pretty easy to do if you had a floor jack, torque wrench, breaker bar, and an impact gun.

How much should they charge? Trying to call up Georgetown Utilities to see what their rules are but no answer for 3-4 days. Anybody have solar with them?
From what I've reason the peccoop site, it was $45.50 minimum even if I didn't consume any other energy from them. I only spent at most $200 in the summer (rare) and $75 in the winter time. Solar panels wouldn't save me enough to justify the cost.

$10 would be reasonable, as I'd still be paying top rate for electricity that I do use. Maybe my price structure is off :p It would need to be cheap out that I could have the solar panels pay for themselves in a period of < 10 years.

thanks for the pics @ummgood.

Also, if you need tire rotation help, and live near Circle C (which based on your house, you may), I'll help you do it. I have jackstands and a powerful impact driver. I rotate me and my wife's car's tires in about 10-15 minutes.

@JGard that is an awesome offer thanks! I do live in SW Austin but not Circle C but I can get there in minutes. I live off of 71 near Jack Allen's. You can see my house on the hill from the highway.

Either that, or do it yourself. Seems like it'd be pretty easy to do if you had a floor jack, torque wrench, breaker bar, and an impact gun.

I have everything but the impact gun. I could still do it myself but jack stands make me nervous. I don't know why I am always afraid they won't hold :) I have done brakes etc... myself but I jack up one at a time, put a jackstand under the car with the jack and then when done move to the other side.

I have everything but the impact gun. I could still do it myself but jack stands make me nervous. I don't know why I am always afraid they won't hold :) I have done brakes etc... myself but I jack up one at a time, put a jackstand under the car with the jack and then when done move to the other side.
Yep makes sense. I don't have that problem, since the wheels on the X are staggered, so you can't rotate them anyway :p

It does mean I'll chew through tires faster than you though :oops:

Another Austin question. Can anyone recommend a Tesla certified body shop in the Austin area? I am needing to get the front end of my car painted. I am working with my insurance now on a city truck dumping about 200 rocks onto the front of my car. My insurance wants to recommend Caliber Collision and I called them and they only have one shop up on Metric that can work on Tesla's but that location isn't on my insurances's website. I would prefer to take it to Autocraft Bodywerks which is Tesla Certified in S. Austin but I am worried I might have issues if they are not approved by my insurance. Does anyone have any experience with this and any pointers?

Another Austin question. Can anyone recommend a Tesla certified body shop in the Austin area? I am needing to get the front end of my car painted. I am working with my insurance now on a city truck dumping about 200 rocks onto the front of my car. My insurance wants to recommend Caliber Collision and I called them and they only have one shop up on Metric that can work on Tesla's but that location isn't on my insurances's website. I would prefer to take it to Autocraft Bodywerks which is Tesla Certified in S. Austin but I am worried I might have issues if they are not approved by my insurance. Does anyone have any experience with this and any pointers?
A friend of mine swears by Berli's Body & Fine Auto Finishes – Local Auto Body Repair

I went there and they are amazing. They work on really high dollar stuff. I felt like a poor dude surrounded by Ferrari's, Bentley's, etc... The problem with Berli's is they make you sign something that if the insurance doesn't pay the full amount then you have to pay the difference. I am worried that since they are so expensive (my first estimate to get my car fixed because of this issue was already $5k and that didn't include the headlights or windshield which also will need to be replaced). I know that Autocraft Bodywerks also does Tesla's and they painted mine for Tesla when mine was not painted correctly at the factory so I'll probably just see if I can take it there.

The Tesla authorized body shop we all use in Austin in Autocraft Bodywerks. Any Tesla owner you talk to in Austin would recommend them (unfortunately most of us have needed their services at one time or another). They are expensive but I've never had an insurance issue there and haven't heard of anyone who has.

Again I'd suggest that Austin owners join the local Telsa owners group where there are literally dozens of posts about this body shop over the years, and everything else concerning Tesla in Austin. PM me with your email address for the link to the closed group. You should have been told about it at delivery.

Reactions: DriverOne

Tesla called me out of the blue today to tell me that they made a mistake and my first tire rotation would be free and subsequent tire rotations would be 87.50 or something like that.

Reactions: HnyBaked
The Tesla authorized body shop we all use in Austin in Autocraft Bodywerks. Any Tesla owner you talk to in Austin would recommend them (unfortunately most of us have needed their services at one time or another). They are expensive but I've never had an insurance issue there and haven't heard of anyone who has.

Again I'd suggest that Austin owners join the local Telsa owners group where there are literally dozens of posts about this body shop over the years, and everything else concerning Tesla in Austin. PM me with your email address for the link to the closed group. You should have been told about it at delivery.

Thanks I PM'd you. I most likely will be going to Autocraft Bodywerks. I'll know more when we get farther in the claims process. Right now I just made the initial call and am waiting for my adjuster to get in touch with me in the next day or so.

Yep, i too have got work done at Autocraft Bodywerks and it all went smoothly. There were plenty of Teslas in there along with other high-end cars.

Tire rotation at Costco (south) for $20. This is the only service i have done other than checking fluids and such. Will take it in for scheduled maintenance just before warranty ends.

Maybe someday i will own a house with 2 bedrooms & a 6 car garage. And then i will get to do all my car work in-house :)

PS: Closed User groups are a remnant of the bygone 1990s.

Thanks. Can you do me a favor and post a pic of your rear window (from the inside and out)? My only current tinting concern is how it's going to look tinting the rear window when half of it is already tinted from the factory to match the roof. I'm not going to get the roof tinted, so I wonder if it may just look a bit off.
I didn’t tint the forward roof section but tinted the front windshield 75 and the rest 35. Looks great.