Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All weather mats…. Tis the season (POLL)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys ,

OEM Tesla all weather mats (apparently also made by weathertech) unconfirmed

VS

3D maxspider/other third party

I ask because everyone raves about the 3D but I’ve always kinda been a “get what the manufacturer” designed for the car. Are the OEM ones that bad ? They are $225…

Upvote 0
Just got the Tux Mats and returned them. Wasn't a fan of having to clip them on the side of the car. Loved the looks but not the clips. Ordered 3D Spyder

I went with the Tux Mats. The clips did not bother me I really did not need to even install them. In fact I did not for about a month after I had them.
In California we don't get snow or even a lot of rain but I just like that it keeps all the dirt/leaves/hair/... in a confined space.

My biggest disappointment with them is they prevented the under seat drawers from working. I decided to cut the mats right at the seat rails because I valued the use of the drawers.

I had ordered a lot of stuff early when I thought I had a delivery date and then Tesla did a Lucy and the football and moved my date out another month and as a result I went past the return date on the mats. If I had known the drawers would not fit without surgery I might have gone a different direction.

Still I am happy with the surgery result.

Upvote 0
My biggest disappointment with them is they prevented the under seat drawers from working. I decided to cut the mats right at the seat rails because I valued the use of the drawers.

[...] Still I am happy with the surgery result.
I cut my driver's side Tasmanian mat for the same reason. I used a Ronan Multi-Cut Rubber Cutter. I too am pleased with the result. I like the Tasmanian mats so if I had get Model Y mats again, I would do the same thing.

Upvote 0
I went with the Tux Mats. The clips did not bother me I really did not need to even install them. In fact I did not for about a month after I had them.
In California we don't get snow or even a lot of rain but I just like that it keeps all the dirt/leaves/hair/... in a confined space.

I had ordered a lot of stuff early when I thought I had a delivery date and then Tesla did a Lucy and the football and moved my date out another month and as a result I went past the return date on the mats. If I had known the drawers would not fit without surgery I might have gone a different direction.

Still I am happy with the surgery result.
Curious to see what they look like in the drivers side without the clips. Does the mat hug the console wall? Photo if possible.

Upvote 0
Curious to see what they look like in the drivers side without the clips. Does the mat hug the console wall? Photo if possible.
Unfortunately I did put a clip in in just recently just in case so I can't give you a before picture but here is the current view:

Attachments

• IMG_2620.jpeg
    IMG_2620.jpeg
    604.8 KB · Views: 174
Upvote 0
OK, just got off the phone with a WeatherTech rep. The 2023 model Y's seem to have a slightly different floor plan. This includes Austin and Freemont Y's. They don't have a 2023 model of mats and floor liners yet. That is why 2023 is not a selection in their product configurator. When asked about timing, I was told they're in a pre-development engineering phase. Approx. 8-12 weeks. Perhaps. No exact date.

Bummer. In my case, since I'm just up the road from Bolingbrook, I can drive the Y (a few weeks away from delivery) over and try a 2022 front liner and see if that works. Chicago winters. Must have floor liners! It is more likely that the second row is different since the China models include newer larger seats - might that change in U.S. made models?

Anyway, they suggested not to order 2022 product for a 2023, unless you test it right there at the factory prior to purchase.

Upvote 0
I have the Tesmanian mats (floor mats, sub trunk, frunk, cargo area, and rear seat backs) and they claim theirs fit the 2020-2023 MY, so they may be worth checking out.

I am super happy with the coverage, fit, general rubbery texture, and ease of cleaning to keep them looking like new. The first thing I did was to give them a coat of 303 Aerospace Protectant, and since then I've just used a vacuum and a wet cloth to wipe them down. I've only had them since February, so this will be my first full winter, but after 9 months and 10,000 miles they look as good as new, including the driver's mat. IMO, the simple groove/channel pattern and material of the Tesmanians are much more conducive to maintaining a like-new look than the Weather Techs, which I have in a Honda Accord and have never looked completely clean once they got dirty.

Reactions: Bikeman
Upvote 0
LDCRS chiming in here :)
We're working with a 2023 Model Y owner taking delivery this coming Tuesday to confirm fitment for 2023 MY from Austin. We'll post details as we get them.
1) We're hoping they fit without any changes
2) If they don't, we just hope it doesn't cause too much confusion for the end user having to distinguish which factory their car came from to make buying decisions on their car accessories. :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
These are not all weather persay but really nice and great fit. I have a 22 MYP and got the ones with red trim and look fantastic. They will keep small spills and some slush contained.

Best of all they look great and fit well

Upvote 0
Can anyone with a 2023 Model Y on their account confirm with us if the Tesla site says the below products show as compatible for 2023? We don't have a 2023 MY on our account to validate the fitment with our account:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
(Responding to ldcrs, sorry the quote didn’t work somehow)

I have a 2023 MYLR on my account. These Tesla branded mats are able to be added to my cart. There wasn’t a message either way whether they *are* or *are not* compatible with my car - only that they’ll sell them to me. Not sure if that’s helpful.

BTW I did order the whole set from you. The 3 piece front and second row came today and I’ll test fit them in the morning. The frunk, trunk, and cargo mats are expected to arrive in the next few days and I’ll let you know how they fit.

Attachments

• CF152F7F-62A8-41DF-9843-D7A166E9F502.png
    CF152F7F-62A8-41DF-9843-D7A166E9F502.png
    244.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Love
Reactions: ldcrsmode
Upvote 0
Anyone with these all weather mats have recommendation on middle trash/storage bin that will work? I see most utilizes Velcro that goes onto the carpet
I am using this one, it works well. It has velcro for attachment but can also be inserted.

Upvote 0
I have a 2023 MYLR on my account. These Tesla branded mats are able to be added to my cart. There wasn’t a message either way whether they *are* or *are not* compatible with my car - only that they’ll sell them to me. Not sure if that’s helpful.

BTW I did order the whole set from you. The 3 piece front and second row came today and I’ll test fit them in the morning. The frunk, trunk, and cargo mats are expected to arrive in the next few days and I’ll let you know how they fit.
Thanks for trying! At least on desktop it says if they are compatible or not (ours is a model 3 hence the not compatible)

Also thank you for your purchase! We're looking forward to hearing the feedback! This will greatly help us as well as the community for their buying decisions. For any reason there's a problem with fitment we will definitely work with you to get a refund while we update the mats. Hopefully we dont have to!

Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 8.48.38 PM.png

Reactions: starship42
Upvote 0