Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Weather Mats

Jayrod

May 6, 2018
FL
So I was browsing weather techs site and I couldn't seem to find the back seat mats for a 5 seat 2018 Model. They have the fronts, cargo and frunk. Anyone know if there is a trick? There mats even though same brand Tesla is selling seem to be cheaper. One of the pictures in the selection even shows the back seat mat.

Plan B

May 8, 2015
Portland OR
I got these for my X, I liked them way better than the weather tech mats. They are softer, cheaper and hold stuff better. The thing about the WT mats is that they are hard and dry out. With dress shoes they are pretty slippery. So I would try and find soft plastic mats that do not harden.

Intro-Tech Automotive HEXOMAT Floor Mats

Last edited:

pkodali

Oct 22, 2017
Sacramento
I think weathertech and Tesla have some agreement where weathertech can't sell the mat for a year. The 5 seater mat came out last October. We have the full Tesla mats set and we have been happy with it so far

mknox

Aug 7, 2012
Toronto, ON
Those don't seem to have the "pan" construction like the Tesla/WeatherTech ones do. I prefer that as plain flat mats will simply allow the salty snow run off of my boots, along the mat and on to the carpet underneath.

First I've heard of any exclusivity deal. When I ordered for my Model S they were available from both Tesla and WeatherTech, but to my surprise, the Tesla branded ones were less expensive.

I now need a set for my new Model X, but neither Tesla nor WeatherTech have them for the "new" 7-seater configuration that I have.

pkodali

Oct 22, 2017
Sacramento
Yeah I couldn't find the 5 seat either that sucks.
You could order the tesla one just for the 2nd row and when they finally make a 5 seater but it and sell of the tesla one. However, you do run the risk of them never making a 5 seater one and having mismatched mats or not being able to sell your mat

Kbra

Feb 4, 2015
San Luis Obispo, California
Those look awesome... thanks for the tip. Unfortunately when I input 2018 Tesla Model X it says they are not compatible.
Yeah i dont think their tool for compatibility is all that correct. It says they are not compatible with my S too and they clearly are. Good thing is Amazon return policy is awesome and hassle free.

mknox

Aug 7, 2012
Toronto, ON
To add to the confusion, Tesla has several versions of the second row seats (5-seater and 7-seater configurations): Built 10/17/2016 and older; Built 10/18/2016 to 8/22/2017 and 8/23/2017 and newer. Right now, neither Tesla nor WeatherTech have second row mats for cars with the 3 passenger second row seat built after 8/23/2017.

Jayrod

May 6, 2018
FL
To add to the confusion, Tesla has several versions of the second row seats (5-seater and 7-seater configurations): Built 10/17/2016 and older; Built 10/18/2016 to 8/22/2017 and 8/23/2017 and newer. Right now, neither Tesla nor WeatherTech have second row mats for cars with the 3 passenger second row seat built after 8/23/2017.
lord lol

MidwestMX

Dec 24, 2017
Midwest
These are the only 7 seater I have found to be compatible with newer versions.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...etailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=tmc064-20

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC