TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

All Weather Mats

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Jayrod, May 16, 2018.

1. Jayrod

Jayrod Member

So I was browsing weather techs site and I couldn't seem to find the back seat mats for a 5 seat 2018 Model. They have the fronts, cargo and frunk. Anyone know if there is a trick? There mats even though same brand Tesla is selling seem to be cheaper. One of the pictures in the selection even shows the back seat mat.

2. Lasttoy

Lasttoy Member

Call them, their web is not perfect.

3. Jayrod

Jayrod Member

10-4 thank you

4. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

#4 Plan B, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
    I got these for my X, I liked them way better than the weather tech mats. They are softer, cheaper and hold stuff better. The thing about the WT mats is that they are hard and dry out. With dress shoes they are pretty slippery. So I would try and find soft plastic mats that do not harden.

Intro-Tech Automotive HEXOMAT Floor Mats

5. MidwestMX

MidwestMX Member

6. pkodali

pkodali Banned

I think weathertech and Tesla have some agreement where weathertech can't sell the mat for a year. The 5 seater mat came out last October. We have the full Tesla mats set and we have been happy with it so far

7. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Those don't seem to have the "pan" construction like the Tesla/WeatherTech ones do. I prefer that as plain flat mats will simply allow the salty snow run off of my boots, along the mat and on to the carpet underneath.

First I've heard of any exclusivity deal. When I ordered for my Model S they were available from both Tesla and WeatherTech, but to my surprise, the Tesla branded ones were less expensive.

I now need a set for my new Model X, but neither Tesla nor WeatherTech have them for the "new" 7-seater configuration that I have.

8. Kbra

Kbra Member

9. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Those look awesome... thanks for the tip. Unfortunately when I input 2018 Tesla Model X it says they are not compatible.

10. pkodali

pkodali Banned

They don't have them for the 5 seater which sucks cus I think they look better than the Tesla ones

11. Jayrod

Jayrod Member

Yeah I couldn't find the 5 seat either that sucks.

12. pkodali

pkodali Banned

You could order the tesla one just for the 2nd row and when they finally make a 5 seater but it and sell of the tesla one. However, you do run the risk of them never making a 5 seater one and having mismatched mats or not being able to sell your mat

13. Kbra

Kbra Member

You can order the rows independantly.
    https://amzn.to/2GnHb32

14. Kbra

Kbra Member

Yeah i dont think their tool for compatibility is all that correct. It says they are not compatible with my S too and they clearly are. Good thing is Amazon return policy is awesome and hassle free.

15. pkodali

pkodali Banned

The second row is for the 6 seater

16. Kbra

Kbra Member

Right but you still have front rows which likely get more use than the back seats ;)

17. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

To add to the confusion, Tesla has several versions of the second row seats (5-seater and 7-seater configurations): Built 10/17/2016 and older; Built 10/18/2016 to 8/22/2017 and 8/23/2017 and newer. Right now, neither Tesla nor WeatherTech have second row mats for cars with the 3 passenger second row seat built after 8/23/2017.

18. Jayrod

Jayrod Member

lord lol

19. MidwestMX

MidwestMX Member

These are the only 7 seater I have found to be compatible with newer versions.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075M2RSNJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=tmc064-20

20. Kbra

Kbra Member