Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Almost paid $4500 for White Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a cautionary tale to make sure you read those State and Federal EV incentives carefully and/or talk to an advisor at your local Tesla location to make sure you comply ; if you care about the incentives.
In MA they count any options and also the $1250 delivery fee as part of the MSRP of the car. Your state may vary MA has a hard $55,000 cap. They don't count the $250 order fee.

My specific example purchased a Quicksilver Performance Y with Black interior which qualified for the State $3500 rebate ; I confirmed this and shows the deductions on my payment screen. Did not get a VIN yet.

Daughter begged me to change to White interior so I relented and changed the interior to White. Day later it dawned on me to double check and sure enough that $1000 White interior disqualified me for the $3500 MA rebate so would have cost me $4500 extra.
I immediately switched my order again back to the Black interior.

Still no VIN for me

Also important for others maybe at end of quarter. If there are any Free Paint or Free Interior deals on inventoried cars ; at least in MA it does not matter what you pay just what the sticker reads so a Free Paint color would not be free when it comes to qualifying for any rebates.

• Informative
Reactions: jmaddr