Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Interior Thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a black interior but peer through windows of cars with white from time to time 😳. There seems to be a lot variation. Some are almost pristine, even older models, while others look very grubby. I suspect it all comes down the type of clothes you wear and what you do in them! If you want practicality, go black, but if you prefer the white and are prepared to modify your lifestyle to keep them clean, then go right ahead!

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Sorry to bump the thread, but another 'thought' came to mind about the white interior.
When you are shelling £2k+ on a trim, it would have been nice of Tesla to provide matching seatbelts, the black ones on white seats have always been an eyesore.

And I guess they could have also made an effort with the door cards (front and back), like in the previous version, with a white alcantara for instance, instead of the ugly little bit of white plastic in front and nothing on the back..

Nevertheless, I stand that white seats are nicer than black and don't require more maintenance unless you roll yourself in the mud before getting into your car on a daily basis...

Reactions: Durzel
Sorry to bump the thread, but another 'thought' came to mind about the white interior.
When you are shelling £2k+ on a trim, it would have been nice of Tesla to provide matching seatbelts, the black ones on white seats have always been an eyesore.
I think that white seatbelts would get filthy very quickly from grubby hands/sweaty necks/ make up etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Adopado

And I guess they could have also made an effort with the door cards (front and back), like in the previous version, with a white alcantara for instance, instead of the ugly little bit of white plastic in front and nothing on the back..

Nevertheless, I stand that white seats are nicer than black and don't require more maintenance unless you roll yourself in the mud before getting into your car on a daily basis...

Black and White seats get as dirty as each other, you just can't see the dirt on the black ones. So I'm quite happy to have white, realise when they're getting filthy and clean them.

PS so much for my 3000th post being something deep and insightful, but no... a post about how dirty my seats. get..! Oh well..

PS so much for my 3000th post being something deep and insightful, but no... a post about how dirty my seats. get..! Oh well..
I think your post is highly insightful. It has prompted me to consider the subject in greater detail. That stubborn dirt on the white car seat so easily becomes a catalyst for contemplation, surely it is inviting us to ponder our pursuit of perfection and embrace instead, the chaotic beauty of existence. After all, life is short, so why worry about a little dirt on a white canvas—sometimes it's the imperfections that make the journey all the more interesting....as Voltaire probably would have said...if he had a Tesla with white seats...

Hope that makes you feel better about your 3000th post:)

Black and White seats get as dirty as each other, you just can't see the dirt on the black ones. So I'm quite happy to have white, realise when they're getting filthy and clean them.

My black seats seem to show up every little mark really easily.

If anyone is interested Mrs McChimp went with her dad to look at a model 3 at the weekend. She spoke to an advisor there who said he had white seats. She described the grubby looking sides that nothing seems to get clean. He seemed to know what she meant and recommended autosmart brisk cleaner. I haven't bought any yet but will do soon and if it works will post back.

If anyone is interested Mrs McChimp went with her dad to look at a model 3 at the weekend. She spoke to an advisor there who said he had white seats. She described the grubby looking sides that nothing seems to get clean. He seemed to know what she meant and recommended autosmart brisk cleaner. I haven't bought any yet but will do soon and if it works will post back.
Thanks for that.
Once a Tesla Ranger came to fix something in my car, he had greasy hands that left a mark on the white headlining, before I could say something he swiftly took a can with a purple cap out of his pocket, sprayed it, and it was gone!
I forgot to ask on the spot what that brand was, and have been meaning to find this ever since.
Just googling Autosmart Brisk now, and it definitely looks like the one that's officially used by Tesla then..

Thanks for that.
Once a Tesla Ranger came to fix something in my car, he had greasy hands that left a mark on the white headlining, before I could say something he swiftly took a can with a purple cap out of his pocket, sprayed it, and it was gone!
I forgot to ask on the spot what that brand was, and have been meaning to find this ever since.
Just googling Autosmart Brisk now, and it definitely looks like the one that's officially used by Tesla then..
I meant to say. I'm not sure if there are different versions but it was the dry foam cleaner he recommended.

Attachments

• IMG-20230522-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20230522-WA0000.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 142
Reactions: exlatccatsa
I meant to say. I'm not sure if there are different versions but it was the dry foam cleaner he recommended.
Thought I would post back. I ordered some of this stuff. Just did a very quick wipe over and definitely see a difference straight away. It's not completely removed the grubbiness but I took about 20 seconds on it. Might come up better if I take more time. I've attached before and after pics but not sure it's that obvious from the photos. These are marks that we have tried all sorts of other cleaners on and no luck.

Attachments

• 20230527_092622.jpg
    20230527_092622.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 20230527_092723.jpg
    20230527_092723.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: rowedav
I have similar to you I've noticed @Chimpy McChimp but not quite to the extent in your pics. It's like an ingrained grime/grubiness and I'm meticulous about my white interior - wipe it down with baby wipes regularly but have noticed this. Might try some of that Brisk stuff...
Yeah. Mine is definitely better. Not completely away yet but I will work on it. Maybe if I had got the brisk stuff sooner it might have been easier. I wiped the seats down and other marks came off very easily with the brisk so I'm glad I bought it.

Reactions: rowedav