Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Almost perfect PUP MY Delivered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, TMC Peeps -

I've been reading these pages for months while awaiting delivery of a White on White PUP. To try and pay back some of the huge value I've gotten from all the insight this community has provided, I wanted to share my delivery experience and what we're going to do to the car now that we've taken delivery.

While the purchasing process was a nightmare - poor communication from the Vegas outpost, lack of follow up on commitments made, and then the SC damaged the first car we ordered when backing it off the truck the day I was told I could pick it up. I will say they did a great job of getting a replacement delivered just over 2 weeks later. And, as a bonus, we went from a 19xxx VIN to a 28xxx VIN with a build date of 7/20.

I don't know what the original was like from a fit and finish perspective, but this one is damn near perfect. I downloaded the checklist and spent 45 minutes going through every spec and only found one real issue - passenger side rear door is just a bit off, about an eight of an inch too low for the lines to perfectly match.

Everything else that has proven to be an issue for many - hatch alignment, wheel-well trim not lining up, charge door not sitting flush, head lights not being properly inset - isn't an issue on this one. I'm blown away by how tight it is all the way around the car. I will say the frunk is a little wonky in how to shuts, but that may just be me being paranoid and not wanting to push down too hard on it given some of the stories I've seen on that.

All in all, this thing looks as good as it is fun to drive which makes it well with the wait.

Lastly, I'm taking it in tomorrow to get it vinyl wrapped in 3M GP272 Gloss Midnight Blue and tinting all the glass to get as much heat protection as possible given that I'm in Texas and the heat is too intense to expect untreated glass to manage it efficiently. I'm also swapping out the 21" Ubertines for 20" T Sportline TST wheels in Space Grey that I ordered a few weeks back. I love the Ubers, but there's no way we'd make it a week without curbing the wheels and the 20" profile gets you a bit more sidewall. Happy to post before and after pics if y'all are interested.

Thanks again for the all in info you've provided. It's appreciated more than you know!

Hey, TMC Peeps -

I've been reading these pages for months while awaiting delivery of a White on White PUP. To try and pay back some of the huge value I've gotten from all the insight this community has provided, I wanted to share my delivery experience and what we're going to do to the car now that we've taken delivery.

While the purchasing process was a nightmare - poor communication from the Vegas outpost, lack of follow up on commitments made, and then the SC damaged the first car we ordered when backing it off the truck the day I was told I could pick it up. I will say they did a great job of getting a replacement delivered just over 2 weeks later. And, as a bonus, we went from a 19xxx VIN to a 28xxx VIN with a build date of 7/20.

I don't know what the original was like from a fit and finish perspective, but this one is damn near perfect. I downloaded the checklist and spent 45 minutes going through every spec and only found one real issue - passenger side rear door is just a bit off, about an eight of an inch too low for the lines to perfectly match.

Everything else that has proven to be an issue for many - hatch alignment, wheel-well trim not lining up, charge door not sitting flush, head lights not being properly inset - isn't an issue on this one. I'm blown away by how tight it is all the way around the car. I will say the frunk is a little wonky in how to shuts, but that may just be me being paranoid and not wanting to push down too hard on it given some of the stories I've seen on that.

All in all, this thing looks as good as it is fun to drive which makes it well with the wait.

Lastly, I'm taking it in tomorrow to get it vinyl wrapped in 3M GP272 Gloss Midnight Blue and tinting all the glass to get as much heat protection as possible given that I'm in Texas and the heat is too intense to expect untreated glass to manage it efficiently. I'm also swapping out the 21" Ubertines for 20" T Sportline TST wheels in Space Grey that I ordered a few weeks back. I love the Ubers, but there's no way we'd make it a week without curbing the wheels and the 20" profile gets you a bit more sidewall. Happy to post before and after pics if y'all are interested.

Thanks again for the all in info you've provided. It's appreciated more than you know!

Hello... do you have the TST's on your Y yet? If so, can you post a "front to back" side picture? I am very interested in buying a set of TST's for my Y but I want to make sure that the wheel's do not stick out past the fender.

Thanks!