Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Almost sideswiped while using AP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Az_Rael

Supporting Member
Jan 26, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Was using AP (not NoA) on my commute and this dude in a Titan decides to go ahead and pass on the right during the lane merge coming from behind. I didn't see him until he was next to me, then I took over from AP to make room. Wasn't sure my other lane was clear in the moment, so just tried to split any gaps and not hit other cars while avoiding him. He didn't even have the courtesy to speed up, I had to hit the brakes to let him finish his leisurely pass on the right shoulder. :rolleyes:

I had my hands on the wheel and was watching the road as always, so avoided the accident. Was lucky AP is no longer so aggressive at lane centering after merges - my car would have nailed him before I realized he was there in that case. I got zero collision alerts, no blindspot beeps, and the small jerk you see in the video is when I took over from AP. I have no idea what was on the screen - no time to look during the event.

Captain Obvious note: They will have to be able to handle this situation for FSD. Always pay attention while using AP.

Video from my blackvue and Teslacam:

• Informative
Reactions: PhaseWhite