Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative Energy Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We needed this! Anyhow, im not selling, and if it drops, im gonna buy some Jan14 and 15 calls. This stock will not look back again. I think they will dominate North-America, and be big in Europe and Japan

what about u sleepy? Selling anything?

looks like Zacks has reaffirmed strong buy on spwr. Can't speak for sleepy, but I am planning to close my position in spwr by next weds pm in order to raise capital for tsla earnings. Afterwards, will reinitiate position, assuming I am not broke :)

I am not selling and I don't see how you can sell. After this earnings report, I see no reason why you would want to be short this stock; SPWR will be running production at full capacity for at least the next 18 months (probably indefinitely, since the solar revolution is only in its very early stages) and they are slowly becoming very profitable. If I was a short I would be quietly closing out my position today before it is too late. Costs (both operating and COGS) will continue to go down and paired with stabilizing ASP's will make this company even more profitable.

I am not "selling" my SPWR stock, but I will have to trim a little bit so that I can load up on Tesla before earnings. I basically put a vast majority of my money in SPWR prior to earnings, so I have to redistribute a little to TSLA; I will still hold a very significant position in SPWR though. I am not selling today either, I am going to give it a few days for the stock to cross $30. I will wait for all of the weak longs to exit first.

Where did you get this information from? Link please?

I bought some more Aug $29 calls when the price of SPWR was around $25.50, lets hope this works out. So far they are up about 30%, but I never know when to sell.

http://247wallst.com/energy-busines...t-in-solar-energy-companies-takes-a-breather/

I was thinking about the 2 mill traded after Q2 announcement. Might be off thou. I wish I had money to buy AUG calls now, they are INSANE cheap. But Im already allin.

also read this: http://www.thestreet.com/story/11992312/4/5-earnings-short-squeeze-plays.html

If it goes back up again on high volume, then it`l break out?
Cant trust everything u read thou.

Last edited:
I am not selling and I don't see how you can sell. After this earnings report, I see no reason why you would want to be short this stock; SPWR will be running production at full capacity for at least the next 18 months (probably indefinitely, since the solar revolution is only in its very early stages) and they are slowly becoming very profitable. If I was a short I would be quietly closing out my position today before it is too late. Costs (both operating and COGS) will continue to go down and paired with stabilizing ASP's will make this company even more profitable.

I am not "selling" my SPWR stock, but I will have to trim a little bit so that I can load up on Tesla before earnings. I basically put a vast majority of my money in SPWR prior to earnings, so I have to redistribute a little to TSLA; I will still hold a very significant position in SPWR though. I am not selling today either, I am going to give it a few days for the stock to cross $30. I will wait for all of the weak longs to exit first.

You said the same happened last earnings? Down 7% the following day and up 10% the day after? Cant find where i read that, who is doing that?

Where did you get this information from? Link please?

I bought some more Aug $29 calls when the price of SPWR was around $25.50, lets hope this works out. So far they are up about 30%, but I never know when to sell.

sleepy,

One way to play options that has been very profitable for traders (as no one really knows when to sell) is a delayed construct bull call spread. Say you bought the aug 29 call for $1. As spwr goes up in price, you wait to sell a higher strike call for the price you paid for your aug 29 call. Lets say spwr repeats the same move it made in feb and gets to a point where you can sell the aug 34 call for $1. By doing this, you have created a bull call spread which is risk free in that you have gotten your initial $1 back and now have a $5 width bull call spread prob trading for around $3-4 with $1-2 additional profit. You can now ride spwr for additional gains, with your initial capital back in your pocket to deploy if spwr drops or to deploy in other stocks such as tsla. Best of both worlds IMHO.

Can't understand the market movement this morning. Why is SPWR down 6-8% just after such a great conference call? What am I missing?
Just because of low-balling Q3 total revenue?
Even with all the great news from the company?
Cause for worry, or time to buy?
Dave T: Why do you think its going to be so ugly for SPWR today? And why are you selling on the good news?

You said the same happened last earnings? Down 7% the following day and up 10% the day after? Cant find where i read that, who is doing that?

No, last quarter it went up about 20%, it was the quarter before that this happened. It doesn't mean that it will happen again though. Long term, this is a good buying opportunity. Playing short-term options is just too risk, I had to find out the hard way though.