Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative Energy Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really recommend that you guys do your own research instead of relying on articles. The short float is nowhere near 60% in JASO. In fact is about 6% and not 60%.
Most of my research is reading articles. Obviously, I don't stop at one article as the sole view of truth, but what exactly do you recommend reading for research? Every thing is written by some human with some potential for error.

Most of my research is reading articles. Obviously, I don't stop at one article as the sole view of truth, but what exactly do you recommend reading for research? Every thing is written by some human with some potential for error.

I recommend using first hand data, such as company press releases, 10k, 10q, etc.

As far as short interest goes, all you have to do is look up the share count in the 10q and then go to NASDAQ.com to look at the number of shorted shares. It is not a perfect method, since float is important but nobody knows what the float is on Chinese solar companies. You kind of have to use shares outstanding instead of float.

I just want to point out that you have to be careful if you are investing in companies based on reading articles. 90% of the info in articles is wrong, or misrepresented unintentionally. There are not really any good sources for information on solar companies because nobody follows them.

That is why I have done my own first hand research and have come up with my investment decisions. Now I am trying to figure out a way to inform the world and to spread the word.

Hey Sleepy... do you have a price target on CSIQ? It's been going great so far and I'm sitting on a lot of profit thanks mostly to you. What do you expect from the upcoming earnings? Thanks again.

Edit: the question is directed to sleepy but I'm interested in hearing anybody's opinion obviously!

One of my brokers called me when TSLA was around $100 to ask me if I saw some article. I laughed at him and said if I believed anything I read about TSLA I never would have bought it (or the car) in the first place back in 2010. Most of the people that write those articles have no clue what they are talking about. Gotta do your own research.

Hey Sleepy... do you have a price target on CSIQ? It's been going great so far and I'm sitting on a lot of profit thanks mostly to you. What do you expect from the upcoming earnings? Thanks again.

Edit: the question is directed to sleepy but I'm interested in hearing anybody's opinion obviously!
If I remember correctly, sleepy had a blog entry a while back saying why he thinks CSIQ will double (again) when it was at ~$17 so based on that I'm guessing his price target is >=$34

According to google JASO was 98% inst. Held and with a short interest of 60% that would be just epic. Its as sleepy says important to use alot of different sources. I have two weeks off now, ao I will try to spend my time gathering the info we need before earnings.

If I remember correctly, sleepy had a blog entry a while back saying why he thinks CSIQ will double (again) when it was at ~$17 so based on that I'm guessing his price target is >=$34

In that article I actually gave CSIQ a $60 or $70 PT; I can't remember but my current PT is $70 - $120. I don't like PT's because they are kind of pointless. All I know is that CSIQ is going up and I wouldn't be selling any time soon. It might even hit $50 by the end of next month. No reason to sell at all, it is so undervalued.

Buy and Hold. Even if these stocks double, they are still undervalued. No reason to sell at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Might hit $50, means that there is a 1% chance this happens. Please don't be buying call options based on my price targets.

Some of the options purchases I have seen here are borderline ridiculous. This is exactly what I was afraid off. Some of you guys might end up being the only people in the world to have lost money investing in solar in 2013 with some of the ridiculous options I have seen posted here over the last few pages.

In that article I actually gave CSIQ a $60 or $70 PT; I can't remember but my current PT is $70 - $120. I don't like PT's because they are kind of pointless. All I know is that CSIQ is going up and I wouldn't be selling any time soon. It might even hit $50 by the end of next month. No reason to sell at all, it is so undervalued.

Buy and Hold. Even if these stocks double, they are still undervalued. No reason to sell at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Might hit $50, means that there is a 1% chance this happens. Please don't be buying call options based on my price targets.

Some of the options purchases I have seen here are borderline ridiculous. This is exactly what I was afraid off. Some of you guys might end up being the only people in the world to have lost money investing in solar in 2013 with some of the ridiculous options I have seen posted here over the last few pages.
Blah, and here I was sitting around hoping for a better entry point to load up on more of those $25 calls :)
When are the earnings, is 11/11 the official date?

- - - Updated - - -

Care to elaborate?

People buying JASO Dec $18 options for example. The stock would have to double in 2 months just to make money. Extremely low probability play. Many other examples if you read back a couple of pages.

And then they say that they are "overpaying" just to get them...

Ah ok I didn't see that one. Most of what I saw was pretty reasonable, i.e. only a couple dollars above the current share price.

- - - Updated - - -

But to be fair, you can technically make money on something that far OTM even if the share price only goes up a couple dollars before expiration. May not be a best option choice in the world but its still viable for profits.

Ah ok I didn't see that one. Most of what I saw was pretty reasonable, i.e. only a couple dollars above the current share price.

- - - Updated - - -

But to be fair, you can technically make money on something that far OTM even if the share price only goes up a couple dollars before expiration. May not be a best option choice in the world but its still viable for profits.

Exactly. There is still money to be made without it having to go up that much.

But that is a good reminder from @sleepy, thanks. It's easy to get carried away with solar b/c of the crazy growth it's having.