Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative Energy Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not gonna tell tou to not do that, but the dillution is only 5-10% and they had a good preannouncing as well. With the difference there is on the bid/ask with LEAPS it might be a bad idea. Then again I am not an expert on this.

I had a meeting so I put in a ore market order and I tried to sell and it didn't execute because my options account is non marginable and I have to unwind the spread first. I thought having 3x cash in the account what I received for selling the second leg of the bull spread would have been enough to carry it naked. I guess not.

Now I'm thinking about going for level 3 options. Although level 2 probably forced me into the right choice here. I thought we would see a 10-15% drop, not just 5%.

Honestly, despite a slightly odd quote by someone in the company about the use of funds from this capital raise, I don't see this capital raise as a bad idea at all. I mean, why not take advantage of a nice share price increase to fund some expansion in the company currently leading the pack of Chinese solars? Buy some materials, build out some capex, hire some talent, or what have you. All seem like a decent ideas to me. Of course, I defer to Sleepy on particulars of this. Seems like a decent time to buy in, perhaps if you had no position in CSIQ already. I personally have a comfortable blend of stock and LEAPs, and don't intend to do anything with them for quite some time.

Honestly, despite a slightly odd quote by someone in the company about the use of funds from this capital raise, I don't see this capital raise as a bad idea at all. I mean, why not take advantage of a nice share price increase to fund some expansion in the company currently leading the pack of Chinese solars? Buy some materials, build out some capex, hire some talent, or what have you. All seem like a decent ideas to me. Of course, I defer to Sleepy on particulars of this. Seems like a decent time to buy in, perhaps if you had no position in CSIQ already. I personally have a comfortable blend of stock and LEAPs, and don't intend to do anything with them for quite some time.

These thoughts pretty much echo mine as I read the news this morning. Given the market expansion, this Cap raise would be called for to increase production to match without slowing the earnings picture. I saw it as a positive (although knew the market would think otherwise, lumping into Chinese solar financing woes). CSIQ for me is currently 1 of 3 strong solar holdings of stock/LEAPS, so no action from this corner.

EPS beat; Revenue less than predicted; off over 4% in AH at 4:20
Well, crap. I've yet to make a bet on solar that's made money except CSIQ for a brief holding last year. 2015 LEAPS though, so there's lots of time.
Edit: Oops, forgot I had some Feb 14th 30's I'd bought nearly the beginning of the year. Ah well.

Last edited:
Yeah kessel i'm with you here. I was holding a lot of shares uncovered through this earnings. I expected that the recent downward pressure from 34 to 31 would result in moderate news pushing the shares up. Obviously afterhours isn't always indicative of what happens tomorrow, but it doesn't look like it will rosy tomorrow. I picked up some more shares at 30.5 and 30.00.

Analyst consensus is always non-GAAP so EPS beat by $0.19 at $0.47 vs. $0.26 and Revenues beat by $52m at $759m vs. $707m.

I don't know where you are getting your information from but I would bet it was seeking mediocrity.

Correct. It was the first info that I saw so I thought to share it with the forum. Not correct?

http://email.seekingalpha.com/track...19-misses-on-revenue?source=email_rt_mc_title

http://seekingalpha.com/pr/8953061-...ar-2013-results?source=email_rt_mc_body&app=n

I just read through a transcript of guidance and QandA afterwards. The way I read it the guidance was positive as well. I am not sure why the stock dipped AH. Can the first info out of SA that I alluded to have led to the drop? Later info from SA was more thorough (and positive) than their quickly released headline just after market close.

Is tomorrow the day that the solar city lockup expires? I remember we went through this last month, and decided that only the executives could sell on day 90, or jan 13th, from oct 15th. Then the other 51 million shares get release at day 120- which should be tomorrow, no? Or today?

Been a busy morning and I just had a chance to look at things and was very pleasantly surprised. Not sure how much SPWR's movement has to do with it versus the market as a whole, but either way, it brings my back close to even on my Feb 14th calls.

Been a busy morning and I just had a chance to look at things and was very pleasantly surprised. Not sure how much SPWR's movement has to do with it versus the market as a whole, but either way, it brings my back close to even on my Feb 14th calls.

wow you must have picked those up cheap- what strike did you use? (and nice going by the way!)

An extremely pleasant morning for me.

I performed a massive portfolio reorganization yesterday, at least in my IRA. I'm a bit hogtied in my taxable accounts as I've (crocodile tears, everyone....) negligible LT losses to take and I've got a wee bit of a tax problem. But I effected a 40-50% turnover in the IRA, picking up only some more solar plays, plus adding to TSLA for the first time this year. So the IRA now is immensely weighted in alternative energies....and wow! did they pop nicely today!