Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AltiMAX RT43 Installed today.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not noticed any grip issues. I'd wager they are actually better the majority of scenarios

With approx 8,400ish miles on them:

Tread depth
Front Driver Outer: 9
Front Driver Middle: 9
Front Driver Inner: 9
Front Passenger Outer: 9
Front Passenger Middle: 9 Front Passenger Inner: 9
Back Driver Outer: 7
Back Driver Middle: 7
Back Driver Inner: 7
Back Passenger Outer: 7
Back Passenger Middle: 7
Back Passenger Inner: 7

Original looks like 11/32"

So, after the most recent alignment, looks like we have solidly even wear across the tires. (previously had a tire showing steel bands the wear was so uneven from factory).

Tires were rotated.

if we do some optimistic average math. 8/11 = 73% tread left after 8,400 miles. (yes I know you need 2/32" to pass PA inspection)

8400 / 3 = 2800 miles to burn 1/32" of tread.

11-1/32 left = 10/32 usable.

10 * 2800 = 28,000 miles out of these tires.

hmmmm... less than ideal here.

tesla took these measurements. I didn't verify. Your mileage may vary. we do tend to enjoy performance cars, so tread life will vary.

maybe we can get a claim for them not lasting 50k? Not sure what the warranty is. have to look into it.

Last edited:
Are the tesla measurements in 32nds? Or MM? Triple check to make sure because I had them measure them with 32nds on my first visit but then on the second visit they measured them with MM.

MM will be lower than 32nds and will give a false sense of faster tire wear.

with 21,000 miles on them, all tires are about 7-8/32"

if original is 11/32, and we are now 7/32 at 21,000 miles, that leaves 5/32" still usable. so quick mathing:

used 4/32" to drive 21,000 miles = 1/32" every 5250 miles.

expected tire life: 11/32 - 2/32 = 9 * 5250 = 47,250 miles.

I can live with that.

Just as another data point, I'm not driving a ton after COVID world changes, but mine are all in the 6-7/32" range at 33,000 miles. My alignment seems to be holding, and I now have uniform wear on the fronts after my OEM's were heavily inside worn.

Anticipated tire life close to 60K although I realistically expect 50K miles out of these.

Everything still good. No wet traction issues. Snow performance has continued to be good and predictable.

• Informative
Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
33,000 on the tires.
Fronts 6/32
Rear 5/32

Going to rotate them for the first time ever in 33,000 miles.

consumed 5/32 on the fronts in 33k, so if we extrapolate that out... that's some math. I'm tired.

Looks like the RT43s have been replaced by RT45s on the website. So, I can only assume they are "2 better".
6600 miles = 1/32"
so, fronts have 4/32 until 'barely pass inspection', so that's 6600*4 = 26k miles more, and rear have less than that.

rear have 20k ish left.

so yeah, if we do some round number math, got about 50,000 out of these. that works for us!

Just providing some late follow-up for anyone interested in RT43 or now RT45 General Altimax tires. My tires have made it to 60k miles and could have probably done a little better with more attention to rotation. I went a little long this last time between rotations and am nearly at the wear bars on the inside of one pair while the other seems to have about 5-6 32nds.

I will be purchasing this brand again. The 700 UTQG is realistic.

I'll keep using them up this fall/winter until the weather forces me to change. Who knows, with a winter like the last one I might make it to spring.

I will say now that the tires are well worn, the noise level has increased. To me this has been a worthwhile tradeoff.