Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Always Low, Is it bad?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JPUConn

Aug 11, 2014
CT
my car has the smart air suspension. I appreciate the aesthetics of the vehicle in Low setting.

Originally I had the suspension set to Always be in Low but a member of the team at the service department warned me that I will burn through my 19" tires in Low as the suspension camber changes in Low to a point that causes excessive wear.

I currently have it set to 55mph to lower the car on the highway and bring it back to standard at the preset speeds. With the majority of my miles on the highway I don't know if I'm causing premature wear by having this set to Low. Tread depth measurements from the past 5k miles measure 10/32 inside/middle/outside.

What to do?

I have it on my S and as far as I know it changes back to standard only depending on speed (does that automatically) or to a higher setting automatically based on where you've programmed it to do that (but then back to standard when you reach a certain speed.

Thanks. I thought I read somewhere that you can program based on where you are and that it uses a GPS marker so it knows when to adjust. I have some good use cases with places that I frequently visit where even in my BMW, I have to exit on an angle so the skid plate up front doesn't make contact with the road.