Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I crazy to buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ohhh! I thought the price you said was less than S model was the 2020 Roadster!!

I wanna buy the old one too, but after I get the 2020 one.

I have to raise money for it!!
You need to remember this forum is ALL about the original roadster. There is another forum for the 2020 Roadster (mouse-over "FORUMS" above and select "Roadster 2020" or go here: Roadster 2020+). You should never be confused about the pricing between the 2 versions...the old are generally around a M3 to below a MS price. The new is generally in the $250K range you expected.

You need to remember this forum is ALL about the original roadster. There is another forum for the 2020 Roadster (mouse-over "FORUMS" above and select "Roadster 2020" or go here: Roadster 2020+). You should never be confused about the pricing between the 2 versions...the old are generally around a M3 to below a MS price. The new is generally in the $250K range you expected.
Thanks for telling me. I spent about 3? 4? hours... Well, whenever I had my freak out - I had been thinking of ways to make a little more money to get the 2020 R. I'm gonna click ur link and head there. THANKS for being my Tesla friend!!

As said, just being lucky. I have done nothing special. Just normal maintenance, cleaning PEM by SC in The Hague every 50.000 km. Replacements of heater blower, airco radiator, dampers behind, PEM cooling fan and normal tires every 70.000 km rear and every 170.000 km front. One time brake pads front and rear.
Desperately waiting for a 3.0 battery since CAC is down to 100.
Had to install a JdeMo charge unit to keep on driving. Purchased via QCP and installed by former Tesla Roadster technician Neil Wise. Makes charging speed of 250km per hour possible.
Hi Marius!
I have a Roadster with a defect heater blower. Do you have any hint on how to replace it? Is this something I can do myself?

@ronalds Marius knows more about replacing the heater blower. If you have air flowing, but only no heat, you can also read this thread:

Heating system has stopped functioning

I also had no heat, but did have air flow. My problem was in the 400v controller.
I definitely have a problem with the blower. It sometimes works and sometimes does not. When it does not work I can smell the heater gets very hot.

Hi Marius!
I have a Roadster with a defect heater blower. Do you have any hint on how to replace it? Is this something I can do myself?
Replacing the heater takes a lot of work. The heater itself can you purchase easily, that is a standard blower around 100 euro. However you need to take the whole airco unit out to reach the fan. It is about 8 hours work which was done by my local car repair company. Tesla can do it too but their hourly rate of 130 euro makes it a 2000 euro job. The local repair charged me 800 euro.