TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Am I the last one

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Impala1ss, May 17, 2018.

1. Impala1ss

Impala1ss Member

to still be on 18.10.4? Can someone advise? :( I feel neglected.

2. Huskyf

Huskyf Member

I have the same problem of you but yesterday I received the latest version 2018.18.2
    Try this put your car on wifi with energie save ON and Alway conected ON try this a couple of days it's work for me.

3. Art_Vandelay

Art_Vandelay Member

I'm on the exact same boat, still on 2018.10.4 :mad:
    My car has its own Wifi router at home and it also connects to the office's Wifi, but still no go...

Model S 90D January 2017 built with Autopilot 2.0

4. henderrj

henderrj Member

I have read of a few people on this site who were stuck on an old software version, they called the service center and we're told that the car was somehow "stuck". The service center cleared it and, voiala, they had new software.

5. Kurt'sX

Kurt'sX Member

Im locked up on 18.6.1!! I unfortunately park on a 4th sub level parking space in a building with no internet connectivity, so Im at the mercy of the service center to get updates. Only twice since I got my car 2 years ago have I gotten over the air updates. Makes me a little crazy sometimes when I want the latest and greatest but have to wait. The service center is good with giving me updates when I ask, and also have advised that I can just park in their parking lot and hook onto their wireless, but that doesn't guarantee that the "update gods" will see me sitting there waiting. My only real option is to drive in and let them have the car. :(

6. Langhorne

Langhorne Member

I heard that Elon said a "Request Update" button will be available soon. So (to repeat the tired joke) if you just wait until the 2019.6 update is released, you can use that feature to upgrade it yourself. :D

7. MarcusMaximus

MarcusMaximus Active Member

I'd recommend doing that ASAP if you're on 2018.6. 2018.10 was a massive step change in the safety of autosteering. Some updates are ok to wait on, but I wouldn't consider that to be one of them.