Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

... and another impressive Tesla service story ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a badly punctured tire in Sek Kong this afternoon. Beyond possibility of repair. Called the service hotline. They offered to send me a service car with a spare tire, which I would have to return within two days. When I told them I would bring the car to their service center on Monday to return the spare and buy a new tire from them, they offered me to send a tow truck and replace my tire with a new one this afternoon.
Tow truck arrived almost within the estimated time (45 min), and service center replaced my tire late this afternoon.
Try doing this with BMW, Benz, Audi etc. They would have told you "call us on Monday to make an appointment".

I am hearing good things about the service - won't know until my Tesla arrives in November. By the way, does anyone know that if you take your Tesla in for a service or if something goes wrong with your car, they come and pick it up and give you another Tesla to use until your car is ready?

I am hearing good things about the service - won't know until my Tesla arrives in November. By the way, does anyone know that if you take your Tesla in for a service or if something goes wrong with your car, they come and pick it up and give you another Tesla to use until your car is ready?

Yes, they do pick-up and delivery. You have to ask for it, but it's usually possible. Loaner is more difficult, but still possible -- may need to wait a few days/weeks until one is available.

Had a badly punctured tire in Sek Kong this afternoon. Beyond possibility of repair. Called the service hotline. They offered to send me a service car with a spare tire, which I would have to return within two days. When I told them I would bring the car to their service center on Monday to return the spare and buy a new tire from them, they offered me to send a tow truck and replace my tire with a new one this afternoon.
Tow truck arrived almost within the estimated time (45 min), and service center replaced my tire late this afternoon.
Try doing this with BMW, Benz, Audi etc. They would have told you "call us on Monday to make an appointment".

Hope that Tesla will keep this customer service standard up. I am very sure that BMW and MB cannot and will not be able to match this kind of service standard. Comparing these two brands whose cars I have owned/own now, BMW is worse. Even though I told them what were wrong with my car when bringing it for routine service, it just did not fix them. I had to return the car to the service centre 2 weeks after they had done their "service". Now, about a month after the "re-service", one of the problems came back again.

Yes unless you definitely need the loaner be considerate as there could be someone else who need it more than you do. I did enjoy a P85+ loaner for a day while they had to check the 3G reception and firmware upgrading issue. Normally they have enough staff to go to your work location to do pick up and delivery.

Yes unless you definitely need the loaner be considerate as there could be someone else who need it more than you do. I did enjoy a P85+ loaner for a day while they had to check the 3G reception and firmware upgrading issue. Normally they have enough staff to go to your work location to do pick up and delivery.

I have been in the loaner queue for months, someone else has been in the waiting list for almost a year. Not sure how their prioritize this.