Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Andersen EV charger support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup definitely something amiss there…

IMG_6499.png

Deleted and reinstalled the Konnect+ app. Still no on/off toggle on the scheduler.

Strange as the charge history is correctly logging the most recent charge periods, but the scheduler won’t work and I can’t lock/unlock the A2 either. So it’s communicating with the app but only partially.

there should be a toggle button on that screen to the right hand side of the time, to turn the schedule on and off.... looks to be missing?

Just checked mine and it shows okay.

I'd try re-installing the app.
May also be a symptom of usage on a foldable phone - i've had experience where the Konnect app functions dont always work and/or show up if using it in on a Samsung Fold due to the 'odd' aspect ratios of the screen.

Anyone else’s app display the wrong kWh figure after charging?

For example I charged 8 hours on my 7kW charger and it is showing 120kWh consumption on the app and therefore the cost calculation is way inflated?
Yes, mine is doing exactly the same thing. It’s displaying double the consumption and price. Luckily the charge stats in the Tesla app and the usage in the Octopus app agree with what has really been used. I called the tech support yesterday and the girl was great, said they’re working on things in the background and that this might be a bug.

Has anyone with an Andersen A2 managed to get the scheduled charging working properly via the Konnect+ app? I can set a schedule up for the Octopus Go off-peak hours, but can find no way to select / enable the schedule for actual charging. Tried recreating the schedule again, it set another up bot no toggle to activate.

Am I missing something obvious?

Hi, I’ve got an open support ticket with them for the double amount of electricity being used and have replied to them today as that issue has been fixed by them remotely - something to do with the tariff.
however, last week the app automatically placed two tariff based schedules in addition to my octopus go schedule and when I tried to charge overnight the car didn’t charge. I can’t delete them so they must have been placed by Anderson. I’m having to use the internal Tesla schedule which isn’t great as there’s no end time.

I have reported this issue today with the Anderson help desk. It doesn’t help that government has mandated that in case of a grid overload, chargers can be switched on/off at times either side of the 0030 cheap rate and all new chargers must have this functionality- I want to charge on my cheap time not outside of this so not impressed.

I have reported this issue today with the Anderson help desk. It doesn’t help that government has mandated that in case of a grid overload, chargers can be switched on/off at times either side of the 0030 cheap rate and all new chargers must have this functionality- I want to charge on my cheap time not outside of this so not impressed.
I wouldn't worry about that at all. Firstly, you can disable that in the current version of the app. Secondly, if (and its a massive if) it ever happened it would be a rare eventuality.
No point in letting something with a fleetingly small chance of happening from creating worry and tension. And even if it did happen its outside your control, so even more reason not to worry about it.

I wouldn't worry about that at all. Firstly, you can disable that in the current version of the app. Secondly, if (and its a massive if) it ever happened it would be a rare eventuality.
No point in letting something with a fleetingly small chance of happening from creating worry and tension. And even if it did happen its outside your control, so even more reason not to worry about it.
I’ve disabled it but unfortunately it’s interfering with my normal schedule So the schedule is off at the moment. they did an app update recently which seems to have caused more issues than solved so I’m sure it will get sorted.

Yes, mine is doing exactly the same thing. It’s displaying double the consumption and price. Luckily the charge stats in the Tesla app and the usage in the Octopus app agree with what has really been used. I called the tech support yesterday and the girl was great, said they’re working on things in the background and that this might be a bug.
I reported it to them 6 months ago and still not fixed! frustrating to be honest but at least there’s alternative apps

however, last week the app automatically placed two tariff based schedules in addition to my octopus go schedule and when I tried to charge overnight the car didn’t charge. I can’t delete them so they must have been placed by Anderson.

Same here. Two schedules appeared in my Konnect+ App that I did not create. I could not delete them. They disappeared only when I went to edit my energy tariff in the app and created a new schedule from that. It cleared all existing schedules.

I now have my car plugged in, scheduled via the Konnect+ app to charge 00:30 to 04:30 tonight. Fingers crossed it works.

Well I’m glad to report that after much fannying about (technical term) with my Andersen A2 Konnect+ app (excellent charger, awful app) I was finally able to set a schedule via the charger to limit the charge period to the 00:30-04:30 off peak Octopus Go period. This was important as the only thing I’ve really missed since moving from Tesla to an e-208 is the ability to set a charge limit in the car. Just not possible in the Peugeot, which is daft really. I could set a deferred charge start time but no charge limit or end time. Which meant I had to set a deferred charge to start at 00:30 and then let it charge to 100% every time, usually including some peak cost electrons after 04:30. Now that I’ve finally got the Konnect+ app co-operating with a schedule, for day to day use I’ll try to keep it between 30-80% using the scheduled off peak charging and use the deferred charge to 100% only when I really need it. This was all a bigger faff than it should have been really due to the Konnect+ app being pretty clunky and inconsistent. But worth it to only charge at 7.5p per kWh off peak than 40p per kWh standard.

PS. Actually two things I miss from Tesla. The charging as above and dog mode, didn’t realise how often I used that to pop into a shop on the way back from a dog walk!

Reactions: Durzel
Chatted to EVIOS at Fully Charged Live north a few weeks ago about the Andersen charger and they said they are working on a new app. While they didn’t have release date, they thought it would be out in a month or so as they were just doing final testing.

Reactions: interbear