Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Andrea James interview 8/8/16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the "private calls" ought to be recorded and made public. That would make things more fair.
These are public companies with public stock that's regulated by the SEC. And it's not like 30 years ago when it was difficult to record a phone call. It's 2016, and recording and posting a phone call to the Internet is super easy.

Also, as an investor, and even more so as a larger investor community, we can pick up a lot during phone calls to test the sincerity/honesty of the management. This makes a big difference in our investment decisions.

Closed doors (and private calls) for large investors and company management should be a thing of the archaic past. Arghh.

That was great DaveT, thanks for doing this! I love how energetic she still is about the company, really shows her passion......some good quotes from her in there but it's too late for me to find the ones I like. Haha

Informative and entertaining. Enlightening description of the analysts sitting in on the CCs and asking questions as they adjust their models to the answers. It's clear Andrea James does her homework and has an excellent noise filter.
Thanks DaveT.

Most revealing for me is that the analysts get private calls after the CC :eek: No wonder we retail investors are at a disadvantage
IMO periodic personalized factory tours (probably including a personalized guided 2-3 hour tour with the opportunity to ask questions) are much more important than the 15 minute call backs 4x or 5x per year.
Tesla and Elon Musk are ‘years ahead of the competition’, says billionaire TSLA investor Ron Baron
He added that he visits the factory almost every quarter to see how things are going
Billionaire Ron Baron Says Tesla Will Become One Of World's Largest Companies
Since Baron has a lot of money invested in Tesla, he’s able to visit the factory and see what’s going on.

• Helpful
Reactions: neroden
hmm didn't think of this earlier, but knowing the level of detail of her research into Tesla's battery technology, I would have been interested in her estimate of current cell and pack level cost for Tesla. I know we talk about this a lot, but now have the feeling she has so much more data than we do.

Yes! She offered to share it a couple times, and two different spreadsheets if I recall. Would be illuminating.

Thx to both Dave and Andrea!

Probably only on screen. I doubt she would share it because it's proprietary. Chances are her team who is still covering TSLA at Doughtery is using it still. Dave, thanks for doing this. I thought the tidbit about her test ride in the S when she was pregnant was hilarious.