Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Andrea James interview 8/8/16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many thanks Dave for organising this event

Thanks to Andrea for sharing her knowledge

Andreas comments give me more comfort with my investment in Tesla ,
many thanks Andrea !

Also it has given a lot more context to the knowledge that the big players have over the general public

Part of that is the huge amount of research and competitor knowledge that Andrea obtain through her own endeavours,
the rest being the added information provided by Listed companies to large brokerages

Reactions: palmer_md
I see a lot of folks upset about the private phone calls. Yes, it is a bit unfair, but the feeling I got from listening to her is that the real source of the data she got to analyze did not come from Tesla directly, but from her "mosaic" of information based on her "inside" guys. She was listening to the guys talking at the bar across from the factory, the guys who work at the suppliers, the competitors and other competing suppliers (who may not even supply to Tesla, but offer something similar to what Tesla is purchasing from their competitor). By cross checking Tesla's information with all these other outside sources she was able to create a mosaic of information to confirm what Tesla was saying they were going to do, and get reasonable estimates for all the costs that went into the process.

Reactions: neroden and DaveT
Indeed, and it's often quite obvious that we here are much more informed about Tesla than some of the so called "professional" analysts.

ev-enthusiast posted her analysis from June 15, 2015

"ev-enthusiast, Tuesday at 4:49 PM

http://andreajames.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/fd0d1ff7-dcb4-4000-9254-cd7b1b2b7c3a.pdf
Nice read."

Her predictions for the last four quarters were a bit off;

_________Dougherty________Actual
_____EPS___Av Shares____EPS___Av Shares

3Q15---+$0.31----126.4MM___($0.58)___129.0MM

4Q15__+$0.95----126.4MM___($0.87)___131.1MM

1Q16__+$0.61---126.4MM___($0.57)___132.7MM

2Q16__+$0.77---126.4MM___($1.06)___140.0MM

Probably the call back did not help her in anticipating problems with the Model X.