Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annoying Message when Docking my Phone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else get this message after a few minutes of having their (Samsung) phone connected to the car dock? I understand why it's happening (I think) but not how to prevent it from happening every time. I tried changing the USB config to charge only in developer settings, but it seems to revert back to MTP automatically.

Any suggestions for a way to get rid of this would be appreciated!

wDnuF6B.png

I have a Samsung S9+ Android and I do not get that message. And I don't do much file sharing with my phone, but I think there's an option to turn it off, you may want to try that and turn it on when you use it? Unless you use it regularly.

I have a Samsung S9+ Android and I do not get that message. And I don't do much file sharing with my phone, but I think there's an option to turn it off, you may want to try that and turn it on when you use it? Unless you use it regularly.
Thanks for the reply! I assumed since this is a data-enabled USB port it's trying to simply read the data off the phone, but since the phone can't recognize the handshake, the message appears.

If you know a way to disable this let me know -- I can set the USB mode to charge only, but it reverts back to MPT between sessions.