Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y bluetooth disconnecting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone hoping someone has some experience and solution to this problem I'm having. If I exit my model y and get back in my n Bluetooth disconnects and won't reconnect. On my phone it says can't connect and the only way to get it to connect is to restart the screen. This happening more frequently these days as well.

Anyone else experiencing this problem ?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Reactions: Skavatar
But before you try a full connection delete, try just turning bluetooth off on the phone then back on again. I wasn't clear whether you'd tried that.
I'm finding I need to do that regularly with my M3 since the last update (44.30.8)

I have a brand new 2024 Y and four days after taking delivery, my Samsung phone won't lock/unlock or allow driving the car. I already tried unpairing/re-pairing, as well as restarting the phone. No joy. Both the phone and the car say they are connected, and the phone is correctly reporting some data (like the available miles), but I have to use the card to operate the car. Service says they'll try to fix it remotely. Nobody to talk to there on a Saturday afternoon. I'll let you all know what happens...

Reactions: dcp123
I'm finding that happen to me more often these last couple of months than previously. Don't know if it's due to a recent iPhone or Tesla update. Regardless, I can resolve it each time by toggling Bluetooth off-on the phone.

my Model 3 has been doing something similar lately
the car forgets that my iphone is the phone key, and things happen like I can't unlock the car - need to sue the card on the door frame - or I get a message saying the car is unlocked
I can fix it by reconnecting the phone via bluetooth, until it happens again
I don't think it relates to a software upgrade, more a mystery

Im having the same problem. 2023 model Y. My Samsung phone will let me unlock and everything else but just will not let me drive. I have to use my key card. I have rebooted both car and phone. Deleted everything and added back. Works one time. Once I step out of car and back in I have to use my key card.

Reactions: Skavatar
Hi everyone hoping someone has some experience and solution to this problem I'm having. If I exit my model y and get back in my n Bluetooth disconnects and won't reconnect. On my phone it says can't connect and the only way to get it to connect is to restart the screen. This happening more frequently these days as well.

Anyone else experiencing this problem ?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
I’m having the exact same problem on my MY. The Bluetooth audio needs to be connected via the Tesla screen every time. The second I exit the car my IPhone disconnects and won’t reconnect until I go through the connect procedure on the Tesla screen again. If I try to reconnect via the IPhone it just says connection failure.

Did you ever find a solution?