Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone not paired

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my 2021 Model Y for 2 years and every once in a while, my Samsung Galaxy Flip phone becomes unpaired so I repair it.
Today the phone was unpaired (again) but this time when I tried to pair the phone I was advised "unable to connect".
So I restarted my phone and restarted the Tesla display and my phone shows up but it won't pair.
Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Thank you
Bob

I have had my 2021 Model Y for 2 years and every once in a while, my Samsung Galaxy Flip phone becomes unpaired so I repair it.
Today the phone was unpaired (again) but this time when I tried to pair the phone I was advised "unable to connect".
So I restarted my phone and restarted the Tesla display and my phone shows up but it won't pair.
Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Thank you
Bob
Where was the “unable to connect” message? On your phone or on the touchscreen? Make sure the app has permission to use Bluetooth. I use an iPhone so I can’t provide instructions.

Thank you for your reply Rider.
My phone has been linked since I've owned the Model Y.
Bluetooth is Turned ON on my phone and the touchscreen shows the phone.
When I click connect, it goes round and round and then stops with a message, Can Not Connect
As I mentioned, I restarted my phone and restarted the Tesla screen but that didn't help, the same message came popping up

On an iPhone, in addition to enabling Bluetooth on the phone, each app can be given permission to use Bluetooth. If your phone has something similar, make sure the Tesla app has access to Bluetooth.

In Bluetooth settings in the car, I suggest you select your phone and use the Forget This Device option, then re-add it.

If none of that helps, make sure your phone’s Bluetooth is working with other devices,