TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Another CPO risk taker

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by jdrizzo89, Aug 8, 2018.

1. jdrizzo89

jdrizzo89 Member

Hijacked another thread but wanted to post my experiences so far...

Model I am after is S85D with AP1 and possible sunroof as well. Dark color.

Pics of what I am working with currently at a good price (63k) with 34,000 miles. Any thoughts?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bc1ekafocwjavfa/AABXZKZvRdKr591kHiJayB94a?dl=0

local estimate for rims curbrash is $170 per wheel. Not sure if I do them. Paint blend estimate is $600 not sure if it needs it. And scratches dings visible plus bumper work is closer to $1000.

Second option has more miles but a slightly better price. Pics look better but honestly neither car looks too bad. Pretty much all the same options as first minus sub zero package and these have the 19 inch wheels. Any thoughts?

WeGoLook Vehicle Condition Report: Job #8784 5765

2. jdrizzo89

jdrizzo89 Member

sorry I meant a Model S P85D.

3. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Have u seen the P85D+ that was posted by forum member ? The P85Ds dropping you can probably wait it out few weeks let that drop high 50s

4. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

Duder why dont you buy this P85D+, this is an amazing deal!

FS 2014 P85D+

S85 is a grandma's car, not that there's anything wrong with that but COME ON!

• Love x 1
  5. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Yes that’s the one I was talking about nice car !

6. jdrizzo89

jdrizzo89 Member

Both I posted aren’t S85. They are P85D 2015s with autopilot and sunroof with premium interior. All of which I wanted.
    But Thanks for the offer I’ll ask a few questions on your thread.
    Any actual thoughts on the above CPO deals/pics?

7. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Those are ok not great ..few weeks may drop some more

8. jdrizzo89

jdrizzo89 Member

In terms of price or look of the car? I haven’t seen two many CPO P85D go for sub 60,000 unless a lot of miles

9. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

More about condition ..on the for sale forum there are quite a few private sales that are same range but condition looks better

10. Gaspony

Gaspony New Member

We just bought a used S85D and on the pictures it looked like there was curb rash but when we picked the car up it was nowhere to be found. I don’t know if was just dirt or if they fixed it but it was a pleasant surprise.