Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ANOTHER (DELIVERY CHECKLIST) 1-Page Version

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure that works how you think it works... What we want to see from an iPod is the library/playlists, and all that. What you get from a USB stick is a bunch of songs and using a BT transmitter may give you the current song.

There are some gimmicks to get 'songs on a stick' organized (search here and on the Internet) but it's a major pain. In my BMW, plugging in your iPod to the USB jack had your playlists and library show right up. The media access is one of the things that needs work on a Tesla.
Never tried to play music from a USB Stick. I like to have the music organized in folders, and if that can not be done on a USB STICK and displayed on touch screen in folders, that won't suffice!!!!

Thanks for this.
One thing I don't want delivered is a mounted front license plate frame. I'd rather do it myself without holes drilled in my new bumper.
Perhaps add: "Operate windshield wiper washer" (checks for fluid). It's a bit odd since the wipers just deposit fluid on the windshield instead of spraying.
Regarding the License Plate Bracket, you might be interested in this;
The Law: License Plate Bracket for Tesla Model 3 (No-Drill)
Pic1.png

Absolutely No Holes!! At least at the delivery center I picked up at and there were a bunch and even the one they supply, I don't believe it requires drilling hole...just tape.
Thanks, I thought maybe you were referring to the Tape Attached Bracket. Not sure about attaching with Tape (How Secure it would be) (Will paint come off when removed)?? That's why I was happy to see Evannex just released the Model 3 "No Drill" bracket, a little expensive but the best thing I've seen so far!!

Thanks, I thought maybe you were referring to the Tape Attached Bracket. Not sure about attaching with Tape (How Secure it would be) (Will paint come off when removed)?? That's why I was happy to see Evannex just released the Model 3 "No Drill" bracket, a little expensive but the best thing I've seen so far!!

$140 is WAY too expensive for a bracket. The aftermarket vendors should realize that most M3 buyers are not as wealthy as MS or MX buyers. Pricing should be reviewed.

Reactions: Amit519
Not Understanding, Sorry (just fix it ticket)????

In some states that require the front plate it is a simple ticket if your found without the plate. The ticket requires you to install the plate and present the car with it installed, hence “fix it ticket”. I also believe there is a fee associated depending upon the state. Many car enthusiasts risk this and will only temporarily install it just for inspection services and immediately remove it.

Last edited:
Thanks for this.
One thing I don't want delivered is a mounted front license plate frame. I'd rather do it myself without holes drilled in my new bumper.
Perhaps add: "Operate windshield wiper washer" (checks for fluid). It's a bit odd since the wipers just deposit fluid on the windshield instead of spraying.

When I picked mine up all the 3s had the mount off and in the frunk. They told me easy to install and I replied I don't need!

Ordered The Bandit license plate holder.

The Bandit License Plate Holder | 1.9.7.5 Creations

$100+ is crazy for a license plate holder. As soon as I get my TM3, I’m going to design and fabricate my own. If anybody in the OC area is interested, maybe i’ll make a few extra for sale at $20-30.

As a side note, somebody stole the plastic plate frame off my wife’s Toyota SUV several years ago, and I was livid about how much it was to replace. For a piece of plastic!!!

Why will I use the factory supplied 'stick-on'? - - - - There are still too many of 'Park by Feel' drivers out there. If you dare - try to imagine what the front of your new car will look like after some 5000 pound SUV pushes The Law or some such plate holder into the front of your car. And as an added extra attraction, who knows what metal pieces will be bent up in the area that ICE cars called the radiator grill?

Great check-list! Thanks, it'll be very useful. How long does it take to go through it? I've never checked a car so thoroughly, but I've nvere bought a Tesla before. I'm scheduled for a home delivery. I get the impression the deliverers are eager to get gone; has anyone found theirs impatient?

Most of the list is clear, but I have a few puzzles:

There's a mat in the frunk, but not the trunk? is it removable in the frunk, but not the trunk?

Touchscreen I've not hear of phantom touches. I can guess what they are, but guess they would be occasional is they occur at all? is touching the Tesla T diagnostic? I don't understand why I should check for dots on the right side

Seats - extra leather on seats where it meets the upright? Despite the photo, I don't understand the need. IS there an extra panel for curvature or flexibility? What would I see if there were not extra?

Door Edges - check for rubber protectors. Are these press-on devices that I could note and have sent to me if missing?