Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Guardian article - issues charging a Tesla across the UK..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get the point of the article, to bash electric car charging facilities and doing it in a Tesla where he wasn't really stuck but to the uninformed public they may not know about the Tesla and its network.

Its quite clear when he put no charging in Edinburgh when there are 2 chargers at the airport that this article was poorly written, I'd be surprised if he actually went out of the parking lot with the Tesla because putting Edinburgh into the Navigation system would have given him a much easier route to the one he took.

The Edinburgh example was ICEing at a hotel charger. If you're staying at a hotel in a BEV you'd want one with a destination charger to provide you with the convenience of overnight charging that PEV owners love, and it's a reasonable expectation that hotels with destination chargers be willing to resolve ICEing problems, and, better, try to avoid ICEing in the first place.

• Disagree
Reactions: MrDoor
... it's a reasonable expectation that hotels with destination chargers be willing to resolve ICEing problems, and, better, try to avoid ICEing in the first place.

how I wish that were true.

Actually I have found the opposite on a few of the occasions I have used destination chargers.
There seems to be more of a frustration at Tesla owners coming in griping about how there;s somebody already in their "special parking place". "Well where do you expect people to park if the car park is full" attitude.

This could actually backfire on Tesla in some circumstances with some hotel staff disliking their own concept that we are "special" which of course we know is nonsense, and absolutely not interested in finding the ICE owner and risking a resulting confrontation but we must accept that not everyone is clued up on EVs and realises that destination chargers are not parking bays but charge points.
It will change with time.

I showed the article to a guy at work and his first comment after reading it was “ha ha isn’t that the car you have? I bet it’s a right ball ache having to mess around with those daft chargers every 60-80 miles and waiting hours”.

I had to sit him down and have the ‘chat’ lol

I showed the article to a guy at work and his first comment after reading it was “ha ha isn’t that the car you have? I bet it’s a right ball ache having to mess around with those daft chargers every 60-80 miles and waiting hours”.

I had to sit him down and have the ‘chat’ lol

Yes this is how the uninformed EV public see these articles