Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another order update from an SA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on 10/11. Just received the owner workshop email over here in nevada. The last owner workship date was december 11th, so I asked if that means we will not be seeing our cars until after that workshop date.

SA said that its possible to get it before then, and he was able to look up and see that my order has a build date of 12/11. They said that it could be made +/- 1 week of that date.

Figured I'd make a post since I'm sure everyone is like me... checking nonstop wanting to hear updates. LR AWD model btw. Anyone else reached out and heard about AWD build dates?

Reactions: tren01t
Please report back! I'm interested in finding out if that is something they do. I sent a text to my SA, no word, but he ready my message lol.
So I called the Tesla store and asked for my advisor :D It's harder to ghost me over a direct phone call.

She was actually pretty helpful. She looked up my order and said that I do have a build date for next week, and that I should get my vin sometime this week. I told her I wanted to know so I could coordinate financing. She understood, and recommended I get my financing in order starting next week. I told her that I don't have a trade-in valuation done yet (still waiting on someone to contact me, which should've apparently happened within 24 hours, but I think they actually meant 24 days on that website because that'd be more accurate). She said she understands and that I should wait for that. My thoughts are that I'll apply for financing for what I think it's gonna be, and as long as I'm approved for higher, I should be good.

So my issue is still that the car might arrive while I'm completely gone. Not sure how that works considering that in order to get the car to Texas, I have to first send them the check from my financing company. So I'm paying for a car, you're shipping it to me, and if I don't pick it up within 3 days, I lose it? Yet I still have a loan with a vin for that specific car assigned to it. So I'm paying payments on a loan for a car I don't have? Does Tesla not cash the check until the car is delivered? I have 100 questions, but I didn't want to bother her anymore than I already had so I let them go for now. I'll deal with that issue when it comes up.

Reactions: puppers
My entire Tesla experience has been a pile of rubbish from the getgo. This is par for the course. I've owned cars for so many different brands but this takes the cake. It's a new company, I get it but it's been shenanigans at every turn.
Sorry dude.. everything I've read says that when you get the car, you completely stop caring about how shitty of an experience it was.

Reactions: ZappCatt
So I just asked my advisor the questions I had before regarding paying for the car, and then it being reassigned. She told me as long as I don't go radio silent on her, they can hold the car for a while, especially considering the fact that I've paid for it at that point. That makes me feel a lot better. I don't feel like I'm going to lose the car when it arrives now.

Same for me. Reads them all, no answers. I'm going to go stalk him and find him at the store lol.
I was supposed to be in Roseville this week, but I had to pass on the trip. Next time I'm scheduled to be out there is the week of Dec 17th. If you don't have your car by then, we should go hunt down your advisor!

Reactions: puppers
So I just asked my advisor the questions I had before regarding paying for the car, and then it being reassigned. She told me as long as I don't go radio silent on her, they can hold the car for a while, especially considering the fact that I've paid for it at that point. That makes me feel a lot better. I don't feel like I'm going to lose the car when it arrives now.

I was supposed to be in Roseville this week, but I had to pass on the trip. Next time I'm scheduled to be out there is the week of Dec 17th. If you don't have your car by then, we should go hunt down your advisor!
I'm down for that haha! I even have two advisors! One from my Model X and another for the P3D. Neither responded when I asked them questions. They just both said "Hey Steve" then radio silence haha. sdklfhjldfjkhaklfhjdakljh.

• Funny
Reactions: iamroy
I am hoping I am not confronted with ugly manufacturing issues and that the rest of the experience is just sheer torque and silence lol...
I used to own a 2003 Corvette Z06. The interior was pretty crappy - generic GM plastic. Bad leather. I loved the design of the car, but I had a GM paint job. All things considered, the fit and finish weren't great.

.. but the second I mashed the pedal, I absolutely stopped caring.

I'm hoping we get the same thing here, minus the roar of the V8 :)

I used to own a 2003 Corvette Z06. The interior was pretty crappy - generic GM plastic. Bad leather. I loved the design of the car, but I had a GM paint job. All things considered, the fit and finish weren't great.

The model 3 interior feels like royalty comparatively to a GM Interior. You'll be just fine ;)

I had an 01 Z06, but I can tell you this is radically different in every way. I ride in my brothers model 3 D LR, and the fit and finish is just clean and tight on the inside. The vegan leather has a nice smell, not that cheap GM rental car scent.