Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another plea for Apple car play / android equivalent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I actually looked into compiling stuff to work on cid, but it's quite cumbersome if you want functioning UI. They use nonstandard way of propagating touch events, and then if you want to be part of the current UI instead of completely hiding it, you need to somehow work in a cooperative manner with existing qt stuff and there does not appear to be a real window manager and the current system does not take new windows well, unless you impersonate some preexisting window I guess.

I wanted to add a video player, but in the end decided it's not really worth it to me all that much to spend all this effort.

• Informative
Reactions: SPadival
I assume they were implying the media player is bad on purpose because better ones are dangerous. Regardless, I've been listening to Netflix for years as I drive, being able to do so natively would be great.

Side note: I listened to The X Files in its entirety while commuting and had no idea Robert Patrick was the actor that replaced Mulder for the last few seasons until I saw that on IMDB. Listening to and not watching TV shows is a weird way to binge.