Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Car Play

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds extreme, but I genuinely am looking to sell my Telsa as in car functionality it the highest priority on my list. This was cemented yesterday when I drove another ICE car with CarPlay and everything just worked seamlessly again as it did before. Access to apps I love and use, plus far superior mapping, message handling etc....and that was a 30 min journey. I've talked about feeling less safe in the Telsa before given it's terrible UI to do ANYTHING while driving, yet driving with CarPlay yesterday I genuinely felt much safer as CarPlay was familiar and logical. I've had my Tesla 8 months now and still hate the UI, Jumping back in with CarPlay after 8 months and it was effortless again and so much better for I use an infotainment system.
I get that Tesla don't want to open up to other manufacturers, but to ignore them completely is just annoying. I have 12k on the clock and whilst I love the drive and the no fuel aspect, the UI is a big enough driver for me to look at another CarPlay car.......I don't think ,I'm completely alone in that
One post and your selling your Tesla because not having Apple car play makes the car dangerous. Lol. Sure. Totally a valid reason to sell it! I’m selling mine because I don’t like the font they used in the manual. So damaging to the eyes.

New Polestar update looks pretty slick. Would be nice to have AA/CP, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 21.48.54.png

I’ve got Apple CarPlay (wireless) and android auto (wired & wireless) in my 2022 performance model Y. The system works in model 3 & Y and works with intel or amd based infotainment screens. I like it. I post a review here and there are follow ups with more tips about the audio setup.

I just run waze on my phone with sound options to alert me of hazards etc but not turns. Using Tesla nav as my main Navi and waze just for crowdsourced alerts. Works fine.
In the carplay/android auto/instrument cluster system in my tesla I can see the waze map behind steering wheel which shows where the road events are and enable alerts only for audio too. And use the tesla nav simultaneously. Works fine.

I'd be happy if they simply added a native Pandora app to the UI and the ability to send a destination of my choosing from my phone. Preferably while I'm in Google maps as I'm often browsing places to go on my phone. If I can just send the nav request to my car from there, it would eliminate the need to type in a location into the car.

I'd be happy if they simply added a native Pandora app to the UI and the ability to send a destination of my choosing from my phone. Preferably while I'm in Google maps as I'm often browsing places to go on my phone. If I can just send the nav request to my car from there, it would eliminate the need to type in a location into the car.
You can definitely do the latter…