Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Bay Area End-of-Quarter VINs yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told I would be given more details by email on the contact less home delivery process by later today. I was also told that they will only accept ACH or cashier's check (no more personal check) before scheduling delivery. I went ACH route to save the hassle.
I received a very detailed email but they don't have any info on the timing. Sometime today is what they say. I already sent the money. I have no concerns paying them ahead of time. If I reject, they have to send me the money back.

I was told I would be given more details by email on the contact less home delivery process by later today. I was also told that they will only accept ACH or cashier's check (no more personal check) before scheduling delivery. I went ACH route to save the hassle.
You were told wrong. From Tesla's own website on payments:
Final payment is accepted via:

• Electronic check (direct debit) in your Tesla Account
  • Wire transfer
  • Personal or cashier’s check at time of pick-up, with your Reservation Number (RN) and name in the memo line

That makes no sense. They will take a piece of paper from you in the form of a cashier's check, but not a personal check because of COVID-19.

Think about that. It's illogical and wrong. And contrary to Tesla's own website.
My guess is that a personal check won't clear by the end of the quarter and they wouldn't be able to realize those funds.

When is Tesla going to grow up and act like a big company? You don't see Apple driving iPhones to people's houses at the end of the quarter.