Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Canadian VIN assignments?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As per the Ontario EV rebate, Tesla no longer processes the paperwork (at the request of the MOT apparently) and the customer has to submit the forms on their own. That’s all I have for now.
With 2000 cars or so coming in and how busy the DAs will be, and the sensitivity of timing with the rebate's future in question, I think I'd want to control submission of the paperwork myself, so I for one am happy that it's under the customer's control.

Last edited:
Well, I just got the call from Tesla about one week after receiving our VIN number. They said that our car is now built and in transit to Toronto. It could arrive any time within the next 30 days. They confirmed my financial arrangements. Also, if the car arrives before the end of May it with be delivered at the local dealership. If it arrives after the end of May, all the deliveries will take place at a bigger facility near the airport/Mississauga area because of the large number of deliveries expected. Next phone call will be when the car arrives and we will have one week to pick it up. As per the Ontario EV rebate, Tesla no longer processes the paperwork (at the request of the MOT apparently) and the customer has to submit the forms on their own. That’s all I have for now.

I also got a call and received the same info regarding the deliveries. June 1st seems to be the big cutoff for deliveries. Anything in June is at the facility.

Good to know about the EV rebate.

Well, I just got the call from Tesla about one week after receiving our VIN number. They said that our car is now built and in transit to Toronto. It could arrive any time within the next 30 days. They confirmed my financial arrangements. Also, if the car arrives before the end of May it with be delivered at the local dealership. If it arrives after the end of May, all the deliveries will take place at a bigger facility near the airport/Mississauga area because of the large number of deliveries expected. Next phone call will be when the car arrives and we will have one week to pick it up. As per the Ontario EV rebate, Tesla no longer processes the paperwork (at the request of the MOT apparently) and the customer has to submit the forms on their own. That’s all I have for now.

Great news Doc!

I prefer to fill out my own forms
to Minister of Transportation
(Ontario)

I was just at the Lawrence dealership for a charge and saw a beautiful red Model 3 in the showroom ready for delivery VIN224** with 18” aeros. The salesperson said it was the first one in Canada. It’s starting guys...

I have a VIN224**.... Can you private message me the last digits? Haven't heard anything from a delivery rep so I assume it's not it, but still! Curious!

I just did a quick analysis on the data provided here: Model 3 Invites #4 (Troy: There are a few identical files to avoid overcrowding)

It appears that overall (Canada and USA combined) 18" Aero wheels account for 73% of orders while just in Canada that number falls to 59%.
This means that Canadians are much more apt to upgrade to 19" Sport wheels than Americans. With approx. 41% of the VIN's being 19" Sport wheels in Canada I can understand why the 18" Aero wheels got priority in the process. With the fact that 19" Sport wheels sales are much stronger in Canada that in the US, there is hope that soon the manufacturing will switch.

Reactions: 03DSG
Ottawa VIN-less here but they opened the financing form for me today, after I got an e-mail back from Tesla telling me my vehicle would be routed to Toronto and suggesting taking delivery from there if I want it faster.

So Ottawa folks – prepare your plans for a traveling day off if you want your car sooner;)

How did you get someone to email you from Tesla?
Without naming people, because I don't want to burden them further.
1. Last week I called a Tesla store, and was told my file was handled by another store (everyone is pitching in) and given the first name of the DS from that other store I was tentatlively assigned to (I still don't have a VIN). Tried to call him but never succeed talking to him. Busy assisting other customers. Fair enough. I don't have a Vin, so what can he do...
2. Five days ago, I search the internet for people working for Tesla at that location with that first name. 2) Find a full name 3) Send an e-mail seeking for polite follow-up to five permutations of an email address at tesla.com fitting that name. Got four error messages from Tesla e-mail server. So one got through.
3. Today, five days after my email, I get the reply from my DS. Bingo!

So I am sharing the news so that you don't have to bother them with a similar request. Tesla Canada is really going into some crazy growing pains right now.