Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any good 3rd party leasing options for model 3?

coolmanfever

Dec 1, 2019
toronto
Hello All,

I just placed a reservation for the model 3 SR+ and paid the deposit. According to the sale rep, Tesla only sell or finance model 3 directly to customer. Tesla does not do direct leasing.

I have enough cash to buy model 3 directly so I do not need to finance the car. However, I am a business owner and can write off monthly cost of leasing. I would like to consider the option of leasing instead of paying car up front if financially makes more sense.

Is there any good 3rd party leasing options for model 3? or is it just better to buy the car with cash since 3rd party leasing company would charge extra fee? I am based in Toronto.

Thank you.

Alex_San

Aug 26, 2019
Toronto
Vehicles in respect of which an incentive is paid under the new federal Incentive for Zero-Emission Vehicles Program will be ineligible for the 100-per-cent write-off.

So does this mean that if you get the $5000 incentive for SR+ you can't write it off?

Biscuitman

Oct 22, 2019
Ottawa
Vehicles in respect of which an incentive is paid under the new federal Incentive for Zero-Emission Vehicles Program will be ineligible for the 100-per-cent write-off.

So does this mean that if you get the $5000 incentive for SR+ you can't write it off?
Better speak to your tax preparer, this is new territory for everyone . I got nothing in the way of incentives , so am looking for 100% right off on my LR M3

Ocelot

Jul 2, 2012
Canada
Reading the tax write off, it does not explicitly say “new vehicle” but I presume as it’s an incentive to switch to electric it needs to be new?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC