Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any goodwill gesture for post delivery issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our MYP has been in service for about half of the two months we've owned it as they worked on delivery issues and subsequent fixes. We have it back now and hopefully we'll won't be seeing the service center for a while (not that the folks there weren't nice). I realize the obligation of Tesla is to fix the issues, but after such a long process I was wondering if anyone's heard of Tesla centers doing any goodwill gestures for lengthy service issues.

I've had car dealers throw in free services or accessories before when dealing with delivery issues. I'm not expecting money back, but I don't know if Tesla does anything like free supercharging miles, premium connectivity, all weather mats, key fob, charger, etc.

Any input would be appreciated before I raise this with them. Thanks in advance.

The only thing I have heard of are things a local service center might have, like throwing in a mobile charger, or wall connector, or a store credit to purchase stuff on the tesla store.

Its not super common, but I have heard of it (I am just a regular owner like everyone else, I dont have any inside info on this). It would also sort of depend (like most customer service things) on the tone of the conversation between the owner and the service center, and how the owner treated them, etc.

I realize the obligation of Tesla is to fix the issues, but after such a long process I was wondering if anyone's heard of Tesla centers doing any goodwill gestures for lengthy service issues.
My MYP was in the tesla service center (SC) getting delivery issues corrected for about 4 weeks. They noticed I had dented & scraped up my 21” rim badly already. They said they fixed it free of charge because they felt bad it was taking a while to get The car working again. The body shop that fixed panel alignments had somehow caused an electrical issue and car told SC pickup person to pull over ASAP. I did notice body shop kept my car outside and frunk open overnight when we had unexpected rain. Perhaps frunk access panel was off when this happened. I wonder if they gave me a new wheel. Either way, it looked brand new. Few weeks after getting the car back from SC I scraped the wheels but at least no large dents still 🤣. My wife also contributed a few wheel rashes.

Reactions: thefisch
At delivery our Y had a small scratch on the passenger door. They tried to fix it, but afterwards was even more noticeable :( . They offered taking to the body shop and repaint whole door which would take a long time to do, or I could accept a complimentary annual service that they say is worth ~$500 (really overpriced in my opinion). Anyway, I took the complimentary service.

Reactions: thefisch
Our MYP has been in service for about half of the two months we've owned it as they worked on delivery issues and subsequent fixes. We have it back now and hopefully we'll won't be seeing the service center for a while (not that the folks there weren't nice). I realize the obligation of Tesla is to fix the issues, but after such a long process I was wondering if anyone's heard of Tesla centers doing any goodwill gestures for lengthy service issues.

I've had car dealers throw in free services or accessories before when dealing with delivery issues. I'm not expecting money back, but I don't know if Tesla does anything like free supercharging miles, premium connectivity, all weather mats, key fob, charger, etc.

Any input would be appreciated before I raise this with them. Thanks in advance.
EM does NOT make $9000/car profit by giving out free stuff