Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Improvements to rear seat latches?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm almost out of my squeak and rattle warranty (12k miles).

I have wrapped the seat latch bars, and trunk latch bar in electrical tape which has greatly reduced rattling on ruff roads. I still have a few others I cannot pinpoint.

I was wondering if any improvements have been made to the seat latches that would make it worth while taking into the service center, otherwise I'm not sure it's worth bringing it in for these rattles.

Feel weird rigging these on such an expensive car...

Did you ever figure out a good solution? I've had this rear seat latch rattle for several months and am ready to solve for it.
Nope my car still rattles, but the wind noise is so loud after the replacement windshield I don't notice the seats that much anymore. Also have other unknown rattles that are louder than the seats.

One thing that helps us wrapping the latch bracket with dinner electrical tape. Eventually it will fail again of course.

I had this same issue. Last weekend I picked up some weather stripping at Lowe's. 1/2" thick, 3/4" wide. There are two types, very firm and not that plyable usually black, I got the grey that is softer and plyable. I folded down each seat and applied a strip to the rear shelf that the seats rest againt. You have to be firm in locking the seats back in place because of the added material. Drove to work on Monday and could not believe the difference. I have to assume it will last quite awhile with the constant pressure of the foam trying to return to the normal thickness adding just enough pressure on the seats to get rid of the rattle. Total investment of 6 bucks. Now if I could just find the stupid squesk I have I would be golden.

• Informative
Reactions: RB88 and AC2DC