Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any in essex taken car fir MOT , if so where ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

MOT fast approaching and was wondering if anyone in Essex has taken their car for MOT and I'd so where , recommendations would be appreciated , ideally looking for something close to the Witham area but willing to travel within a 10 -30 mile radius if needed .

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

MOT fast approaching and was wondering if anyone in Essex has taken their car for MOT and I'd so where , recommendations would be appreciated , ideally looking for something close to the Witham area but willing to travel within a 10 -30 mile radius if needed .

Thanks in advance
Most of the local kwikfits do the MOT for Teslas. Better to call them and check. I know this is not a popular choice but you are close to Tesla Chelmsford - if nothing works out you can book in there for MOT. I think they do MOT as they have spaces marked as MOT vehicles. Good to check before booking.

Most of the local kwikfits do the MOT for Teslas. Better to call them and check. I know this is not a popular choice but you are close to Tesla Chelmsford - if nothing works out you can book in there for MOT. I think they do MOT as they have spaces marked as MOT vehicles. Good to check before booking.
I don't think any Tesla centres do the MOT themselves. They may offer it but probably take the car offsite to an MOT centre. I believe when a place is certified to do MOT testing they must offer it to all makes. If Tesla Chelmsford book cars in for MOT it may be an option to ask where they take the car to have it done and avoid the middleman. Of course, dropping it at Tesla for them to organise the logistics may have a convenience benefit so I am not saying it's a bad idea.

I've got mine booked in with my sons friend next week, over Stanford-le-hope way. Will happily report back on how that goes. I did consider kwik fit as an option, mainly because they were the only ones I could find that definitely (supposedly) did Tesla regularly.

Alternatively, the local garage that I used to ALWAYS go to, until my boys mate started taking care of our ICE cars for us is LaindonMOT in Basildon.

They are very good and reasonably priced. I know they regularly MOT a model X in there so they have at least a reasonable idea of what is necesary. Used to use them for all my ICE related needs.