Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any independent Tesla shops in the Bay Area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm considering purchasing a lightly used MS or MX and I'm curious if there are any independent Tesla shops in the Bay Area that work on these cars. After the factory warranty expires, I'd prefer to not buy the extended service plan and just pay for repairs out of pocket, but I'd want to avoid the service centers if possible. Thanks!

Curious, why would you ever want to avoid Tesla service centers? How do you think independent shops could possibly compete with a non-profit Tesla service center? This sounds like old school thinking where service represents 85% of a dealers profit. What am I missing?

Curious, why would you ever want to avoid Tesla service centers? How do you think independent shops could possibly compete with a non-profit Tesla service center? This sounds like old school thinking where service represents 85% of a dealers profit. What am I missing?

Non-profit service centers are a fairy tale.

The inspection/2yr maintenance alone is $600 - hard to believe they are not making a hefty profit off that .