Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any insight on Tesla X updates (e.g. radar) for early next year?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recent article discusses Tesla's addition of radar with announcements in January. Any insights on what that means on currently produced cars (I have an X delivery in Dec - would be a bummer to get one right before major upgrade).

Thank you

Recent article discusses Tesla's addition of radar with announcements in January. Any insights on what that means on currently produced cars (I have an X delivery in Dec - would be a bummer to get one right before major upgrade).
Thank you
It means nothing.
Hardware / software Features change all the time. You will get whatever is available at the time of manufacture. If HD radar is important (as in critical) to you, you should cancel your order and wait for it. It could come at any time, or maybe never.

Thank you
Tesla makes minor and major updates all the time. Trying to guess their schedule is at best difficult.

My 2018 X was built in May and got a different computer HW and display, interior color, seats, etc., from those produced in Feb when I test-drove the car and ordered. Apparently, the change in computer hardware was made on a Tuesday in late February, so cars made on Monday before the change did not have the updates. Cars built in April did not have the same interior materials and color combination that I got.