Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

Any Lease Takeovers in Canada?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm an impatient early Model 3 reservation holder who wants to go electric sooner than later. Being on the east coast of Canada, I suspect I won't get my 3 for another 2 years.

Looking around to see if anyone in Canada has a lease takeover they'd like to do (as I'm assuming taking over one from the US is near impossible/big pain in the ass)

Not picky on the car, it just needs to be a Tesla.

Call me ignorant but I actually haven't looked into the details of an international lease transfer.

Based on my experience doing trade to the US and dealing with money payments and transfers across the boarder, I can only assume it's a pain. The banking system in the US is very different from what it is here in Canada. If it isn't a pain and a world of cars are available to me, I would jump for joy. If anyone has any information regarding an international lease transfer from the US to Canada, please share. I will go do research now.

US Spec tesla a are prohibited from being imported to Canada. They are not on the approved list, because Tesla does not want them on the list.

Wow! Interesting. Never even thought there would be much difference other than the english/metric and odometer, etc. Never would have thought that would have been an issue. live and learn - thanks!

Wow! Interesting. Never even thought there would be much difference other than the english/metric and odometer, etc. Never would have thought that would have been an issue. live and learn - thanks!

Its possible as far as I know to switch the units, but I'm not sure how. There was a thread about autopilot going well above speed limit if you set the units to the opposite of where you are. I don't know why tesla won't allow importing.