Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lift Options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All!

Looking to take a more active approach to maintaining my 2015 Model S where lifting the vehicle is required (especially since Electrified Garage closed their West Palm Beach location and Tesla Service quality has been low while charging high prices in my experience here in South Florida). I've done a number of repairs myself over the years (MCU1 eMMC fix, door handles, fuse work, etc.) but never lifted the car in my garage. Looking for lift suggestions for undercarriage work and inspections, control arms, suspension, etc. I have staggered wheels so no need to rotate them and will still take it to a shop when I'm ready for new tires (but of course some repairs/maintenance may require me to take the wheels off).

EVAnnex has the RennStand jack stands 2x for $381 or 4x for $763. The RennStand Jack Stand for Tesla Owners. Can anyone recommend these? Is two enough for most repairs or is 4 the way to go?

What is a good floor jack you guys like using? (Assuming I'll likely just need one and 3 ton+ will probably be best).

I was also looking at the Quick Jack 6000ELX model 6000ELX. At $2K, it's about twice the price of 4x RennStands and a quality jack.

Thanks in advance!

-Al

I bought four 3-ton floor jacks from Harbor Freight for around $100 each, and 4 of these Jack Rods for around $100 each.

It's super easy way to lift any vehicle with close to 2 feet of clearance for doing work. With 4 jacks, I can lift and lower the car in each corner gradually so I don't stress the chassis. The hydraulic jacks and the Jack Rods back themselves up for redundancy.

The problem with Quick Jack is that whichever one you buy to fit your current cars may not fit your future cars. And in the end, it's not as easy or as flexible a solution as 4 floor jacks.

Reactions: randomwalk101