Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model S w/ Rear Facing Seats for Sale?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You should focus on getting the right model S, cost of rear seat is as following:
Seat from eBay or some seller here: ~$1000, all the parts including the bumper cross member directly from Tesla service center ~$425, installation of the parts by Tesla service center ~$900 or third party installation $400-$600. So you are looking at about $2000 ballpark cost for adding rear facing seats.

They are amazing, kids love it.

Attachments

• FACD30BD-33CC-435C-AF3A-C3A6DC46C26E.jpeg
    FACD30BD-33CC-435C-AF3A-C3A6DC46C26E.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 95
You should focus on getting the right model S, cost of rear seat is as following:
Seat from eBay or some seller here: ~$1000, all the parts including the bumper cross member directly from Tesla service center ~$425, installation of the parts by Tesla service center ~$900 or third party installation $400-$600. So you are looking at about $2000 ballpark cost for adding rear facing seats.

They are amazing, kids love it.

I was under the impression that Tesla would not sell certain parts for RFS, and also would not install them. Has that changed?

Reactions: davidc18
I didn't encounter any such issues. Here is the quote I had received if I wanted service center to do the install as well. I end up just getting the parts, and did the install elsewhere for less:

View attachment 542426
May I ask which service center provided the quote for the RFS install? Working with Highland Park, IL, service center concerning whether they can install RFS after purchase. Also interested in whether one can install in any model year S? Looking at 2020s as well as prior model years post-refresh. Thanks!

May I ask which service center provided the quote for the RFS install? Working with Highland Park, IL, service center concerning whether they can install RFS after purchase. Also interested in whether one can install in any model year S? Looking at 2020s as well as prior model years post-refresh. Thanks!
Any service center can do it. It works on Model S 2020 version as well.