Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any one tried to re-format USB in 2020.16.2.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you use tesla to format your ssd, can you still partition?

Good question! My SSD is formatted with a PC using FAT32 and it is partitioned. 2020.16.2.1 doesn't allow me to switch the format on the drive. If I unplug it and plug in a thumb drive preformatted to exFAT record some sentry clips, I can reformat it with the Tesla.

In addition with both plugged in I can use the music partition and the thumb drive for music as well as the Teslacam partition for sentry.
IMG_1773.jpg
IMG_1774.jpg

Until yesterday my sentry in-car viewer had been so slow it was unusable, and I had tried a few different sticks. So when I got the 2020.5 upgrade I tried it immediately and still slow. At that point I formatted the stick with the in-car function and now it runs smoothly. I had been formatting with FAT32 using disk manager on my Mac. Not sure what the Tesla format is but it is a lot faster and the viewer is now useful.

Hey guys, an owner of 2019 MX. I had a question regarding the Dashcam/sentry clip saver. I have a 2tb Hard drive formatted to FAT32. I tried plugging it in and at the car usb is popped up when the folder TeslaCam is nonexistent. When tried again with the folder TeslaCam, that's when the grey camera icon with a X pops up. Anyone with a solution?

Hey guys, an owner of 2019 MX. I had a question regarding the Dashcam/sentry clip saver. I have a 2tb Hard drive formatted to FAT32. I tried plugging it in and at the car usb is popped up when the folder TeslaCam is nonexistent. When tried again with the folder TeslaCam, that's when the grey camera icon with a X pops up. Anyone with a solution?
The Version is 2020.16.4 and waiting for the latest update to be installed.

With a Samsung 500 Gig , with 1 partition for TeslaCam , and one for Music, I had used a third party app to do the partitions, and the Teslam Folder apparently labelled the F: drive with the name TESLACAM. Once I removed the label altogether from F: drive, the dashcam is now working fine.
Also, I didnt remove the G: drive label which is MusicMp3 -- didnt need to remove the second partition label. So the dashcam came up with just the label removed from the first partition..:)

Hope that helps ....ps I am on 2020.20.12

With a Samsung 500 Gig , with 1 partition for TeslaCam , and one for Music, I had used a third party app to do the partitions, and the Teslam Folder apparently labelled the F: drive with the name TESLACAM. Once I removed the label altogether from F: drive, the dashcam is now working fine.
Also, I didnt remove the G: drive label which is MusicMp3 -- didnt need to remove the second partition label. So the dashcam came up with just the label removed from the first partition..:)

Hope that helps ....ps I am on 2020.20.12
Updated to 2020.20.12 and with the built in formatting from my MX it is working as a charm. Thank you for your reply regardless!