Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom Lock Chimes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone! So I discovered the custom lock sound feature and of course I had to set one. After downloading a few files converting them to wav renaming them and installing them onto the USB drive they were working just fine at first but after about the 4th one it is now stuck on one of the files (the Call of Duty UAV sound.) I’ve deleted the sound, tried to replace the sound, reformatted the USB, soft reset, powered off and back on (the Tesla) and the sound seems to be stuck in my custom USB sound option. When I remove my USB it still allows me to select USB for the sound and it still plays the COD sound. I want to change it but it’s not letting me. Anyone experience this? Did it download on to the internal memory of the Tesla if that’s even possible? Solutions? Ideas? Anything helps! Thank you! Also, I have a prefresh 2021 model Y

Hello everyone! So I discovered the custom lock sound feature and of course I had to set one. After downloading a few files converting them to wav renaming them and installing them onto the USB drive they were working just fine at first but after about the 4th one it is now stuck on one of the files (the Call of Duty UAV sound.) I’ve deleted the sound, tried to replace the sound, reformatted the USB, soft reset, powered off and back on (the Tesla) and the sound seems to be stuck in my custom USB sound option. When I remove my USB it still allows me to select USB for the sound and it still plays the COD sound. I want to change it but it’s not letting me. Anyone experience this? Did it download on to the internal memory of the Tesla if that’s even possible? Solutions? Ideas? Anything helps! Thank you! Also, I have a prefresh 2021 model Y
Did you switch to one of the other default sounds before switching back to an updated USB sound? Try playing an updated sound through the boombox to see if it plays? I haven't changed mine for a while so I don't know if mine has this issue, but I was changing the sound a lot (at least 6 or 7) when we first got the software update and it always worked.

The lock chime does seem to be loaded onto the car itself because it plays even when I've removed the USB drive from the car.

Upvote 0
There was a bug introduced in 2024.8.4 that made it difficult for the car to recognize usb devices plugged into the center console. It was fixed in 2024.8.7. To see if this is causing you extra difficulties, you could try putting some music on the usb device that has the custom lock chime. If the usb does not show up as an audio option then that means the usb device is probably not being recognized.

See: 2020 MY - TeslaCam Dashcam - USB no longer recognized

Upvote 0