TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Any one tried to re-format USB in 2020.16.2.1

Discussion in 'Model S' started by r1200gs4ok, May 22, 2020 at 8:36 PM.

1. r1200gs4ok

r1200gs4ok Member

Has anybody tried to reformat their USB using the new update for the dash cam?...If so, did it work and did it mess with anything

2. SD Diver

SD Diver Member

For grins, I reformatted a 500 gb samsung ssd. worked like a charm.

3. r1200gs4ok

r1200gs4ok Member

great...I will try it tomorrow.....mine is a 256gb SandDisk from PureTesla.....

4. TravelFree

TravelFree Member

Can you test the sentry playback to see if it will play the final 20-30 seconds of a recorded clip. This has been a bug since they first released the sentry player. You'll need to let the sentry record a full clip for several minutes and then try to play it. Should record 10:49 but playback jumps back to the start at about 10:15. I'm wondering is the formatting was wrong from the computer and if Tesla reformatting fixed it.

I'm still on 12.11.1

5. BTM3P

BTM3P New Member

Tried a Samsung 128GB Microsd and the format button is greyed out on 2020.16.2.1

• Informative x 1
  6. hulk2k17

hulk2k17 Member

Same for me. Does sentry mode and/or active recording need to be paused before the button is usable?