Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any other 2019 MY reservation holders still waiting for delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been waiting for someone to re-evaluate my trade in for 2 weeks (website says that someone would contact me within 24 hours...). The trade in only has 300 miles more than the first time they evaluated it. No one responds to any of my requests - a little professionalism would go a long way. Very disappointing.

Reactions: MikefromBK
I've been waiting for someone to re-evaluate my trade in for 2 weeks (website says that someone would contact me within 24 hours...). The trade in only has 300 miles more than the first time they evaluated it. No one responds to any of my requests - a little professionalism would go a long way. Very disappointing.
My re-evaluation was nearly 2 weeks, and looks like it will expire before I get a VIN assigned.

They gave me an updated quote after I reached out in the chat applet. They offered me zero dollars! Definitely a slap in the face, so I’ll go with CarMax/Carvana. I’m excited for some competition in the space...

They gave me an updated quote after I reached out in the chat applet. They offered me zero dollars! Definitely a slap in the face, so I’ll go with CarMax/Carvana. I’m excited for some competition in the space...
They did the same for me. I have a quote from Carvana that I'm ready to pull the trigger on...provided I get a VIN /delivery any time soon. I think Tesla just doesn't want to deal with trade-ins altogether. I can understand this; but it's a part of being the car business.

Reactions: Biturbowned
They did the same for me. I have a quote from Carvana that I'm ready to pull the trigger on...provided I get a VIN /delivery any time soon. I think Tesla just doesn't want to deal with trade-ins altogether. I can understand this; but it's a part of being the car business.

They offered 0? I've read somewhere that it was just not properly valued and they need to re-value it and update the offer.

They originally offered 2600 for my car, after re-evaluation offered 2500. My concern was that once they see the car has rust (due to living on the ocean) they will refuse to take it. So I called them and offered to email photos of rust, to make sure they can evaluate it properly, but the person on the phone didn't care.
I can't really do private sale - since I can't time it to Tesla delivery and I actually need a car (Uber/Lyft not always an option for me), so this just adds to anxiety over this mess.

I ordered around the same time as you. Just got a VIN assignment yesterday. I think pre-orders were shafted so that they could reach their quarterly goals.

Congratulations to you getting that Vin. Hopefully Tesla start to yake care of those that dropped $2,500
Down . I could have picked up Stock in the $220 range made money .
Heck probably would have got my Tesla if I ordered last week lol

Reactions: Biturbowned
Congratulations to you getting that Vin. Hopefully Tesla start to yake care of those that dropped $2,500
Down . I could have picked up Stock in the $220 range made money .
Heck probably would have got my Tesla if I ordered last week lol

Thanks and you are so correct! I watched the stock drop to about $175 but I had recently switched brokerages and didn't have everything in place. Then I went through the 'I could have bought the stock cheaper' phase while watching it climb. Never thought it would climb as fast and high as it did! I think if we all cancelled and reordered, we would have gotten our cars by now! Can't complain though, I was originally expecting a late 2020 delivery.

Believe me, I will NEVER pre-order again.
From what I was told and see with pre ordering is you dont get hit by the price increases. For example if you changed or ordered your config in April to get the tow package as a factory build you paid nearly $5k more. Instead of just keeping the original config and paying $1k for the add on after delivery. Also as a pre order, you are getting the extra service by waiting until all the bugs are worked out. My view is those who pre order set the standard for market and the rest will create the frenzy.

From what I was told and see with pre ordering is you dont get hit by the price increases. For example if you changed or ordered your config in April to get the tow package as a factory build you paid nearly $5k more. Instead of just keeping the original config and paying $1k for the add on after delivery. Also as a pre order, you are getting the extra service by waiting until all the bugs are worked out. My view is those who pre order set the standard for market and the rest will create the frenzy.

In addition, I had planned to use the time to get my financing in order as well as look at what accessories I wanted to purchase. I am pretty certain we got shafted because the new orders brought in a little more income that those who pre-ordered, but the savings in pre-ordering are appreciated.

Maybe but I have several factors working against me right now, the biggest being I might not even get a Y because they won't take a power of attorney. My husband deploys in 34 days for 6+ months. No husband, no loan, no car. Crazy, I've bought and sold 3 houses with a power of attorney but Tesla won't take one. So yeah, I might have saved some money but honestly I've been so stressed out about it, I would have paid more to not deal with this.

Maybe but I have several factors working against me right now, the biggest being I might not even get a Y because they won't take a power of attorney. My husband deploys in 34 days for 6+ months. No husband, no loan, no car. Crazy, I've bought and sold 3 houses with a power of attorney but Tesla won't take one. So yeah, I might have saved some money but honestly I've been so stressed out about it, I would have paid more to not deal with this.

Maybe in that case you can just put another order in? Hopefully it will get filled sooner and you can cancel the 2019 order. This is assuming the theory of filling orders that bring in more profit sooner actually holds (and it does make sense).