Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y delivery anxiety? The wait is worth it

Randy Spencer

Mar 31, 2016
Alameda, CA
I placed an order for a Model Y on June 24. I was so happy when it gave me a July delivery. Then it moved to early August to September. Now it is early September to late September. Over 8 weeks and possibly 15 weeks? Is that normal? What can you do to expedite besides being on the portal and doing everything is required from your part?
A guy I referred to purchase his Model Y got notification yesterday that he was being moved back to October, 5 months after he ordered. Originally they told him June then July then August, now October. Then after venting on the net all day today he was told to prepare for delivery...!?!

Of course he is on the vacation that he thought he ordered the car in time to take so he isn't able to receive it NOW. Crazy.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC