Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any rumours of a CCS Combo adapter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can’t believe one isn’t available yet....
Sure would be handy, lots of CCS chargers appearing up here in BC! Certainly would make my SR+ useable in so many corners of this province! Tesla Superchargers missing on many of our main corridors still...... sigh

This has become a big issue with overcrowded supercharging stations when we need it most on holiday weekends. How about kludging one together with three different adapters:
  1. CCS-1 to CCS-2 for $880
  2. CCS-2 to Tesla Mennekes for $190
  3. Tesla Mennekes to NA Tesla for $1050
Seems like the electrical pins would pass through this route. Not sure of there is special EP software to allow the CCS-2 adapter to work with the Tesla Mennekes connector there.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Tesla software for the NA Tesla port is not enabled to allow CCS signaling here. Tesla likes to control the game and as our puppetmaster for some reason doesn't want us to use CCS-1 for our cars. This appears to be a business decision since their compact adapter for EP is so cheap and there is no big difference between CCS-1 and CCS-2.

Those adapter prices are nuts!
This has become a big issue with overcrowded supercharging stations when we need it most on holiday weekends. How about kludging one together with three different adapters:
  1. CCS-1 to CCS-2 for $880
  2. CCS-2 to Tesla Mennekes for $190
  3. Tesla Mennekes to NA Tesla for $1050
Seems like the electrical pins would pass through this route. Not sure of there is special EP software to allow the CCS-2 adapter to work with the Tesla Mennekes connector there.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Tesla software for the NA Tesla port is not enabled to allow CCS signaling here. Tesla likes to control the game and as our puppetmaster for some reason doesn't want us to use CCS-1 for our cars. This appears to be a business decision since their compact adapter for EP is so cheap and there is no big difference between CCS-1 and CCS-2.

Reactions: Msjulie and Reeler
I asked the vendor of #1 and #3 if it would work. Hopefully it does and they are prompted to make a single adapter to do this for around $1000 like their others. I think that would sell like hotcakes.