Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Showroom or Service Center plans for Wisconsin?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a Ranger. His name is Jacob and he is awesome. The most polite capable gentleman you could ever want working on your car. He likes unsweetened iced tea. Just as a suggestion.

And Highland Park is only 68 miles from the Marquette Interchange...that's really considered close by most Tesla standards.

If WI were to get an SC, I would humch it would be in Madison. Which would be equidistant to us and Highland Park.

But I doubt it in the near future. Our legislature is more bought and paid for than most. I am sure the dealer groups have already preemptively sent checks.

Keep in mind that of the year I've had mine, I've needed service exactly once (outside of SeatGate, but that's kind of a unique scenario unlikely to repeat)- when I drove over a nail. For your annual maintenance, you can pre-schedule a time, where you get a loaner. Drive down, drop your car in the morning, and spend the day in lovely Chicago via your loaner. Pick yours up on the way back up at night.

I'd highly recommend working for a company with offices in both Milwaukee area and downtown Chicago, just to make that easier. :tongue:

Oddly enough I do work for a software company with offices in Wisconsin and Chicago. One that makes shipping software. It is a small world Dbitter1.

- - - Updated - - -

We have a Ranger. His name is Jacob and he is awesome. The most polite capable gentleman you could ever want working on your car. He likes unsweetened iced tea. Just as a suggestion.

I don't know which is more awesome, that our area has a good ranger, or that I know how to keep him on my good side if I ever need him. Thanks for the advice.

You're going to want to check on the cost of Ranger Service before you purchase. Thankfully, I haven't been in a bind yet but Tesla has changed their verbiage on their website and no one really seems to know what the policy is anymore, unless you pre-purchased Ranger Service, which you can't even do anymore.

KMan has stated he heard there's a Wisconsin Service Center in the works but I haven't seen any evidence of that and I'd guess we're a year away from anything in an ideal scenario.

In short, plan on getting your car serviced in Highland Park and hope nothing catastrophic happens that leaves your can stranded in the Service Center desert known as Wisconsin. :)

Rumor mill has it that either Milwaukee, or Madison. I'd actually lean more towards Milwaukee, as we have more Model S's here then Madison. Yes, Madison would cover the central part of the state, however, the numer of Tesla's drastically decreases out that direction. We have significantly more between Kenosha and Green bay then the rest of the state combined. And to top it off, we have Marshall Auto Body, the only Tesla body shop in Wisconsin, so it only makes sense to have everything in one place.
It has been discussed within Tesla that they really need a service center in Wisconsin, and Maybe a gallery.

The anti-direct sales law, BTW, has been on the books since, I believe it was 1933.

All of the anti direct sales laws are old laws. Some states change them to move forward. Some states don't. I don't think WI will change unless it makes economic sense relative to the campaign funds of those who can change it.

And...230ish...that's the rough number of Teslas in SE WI.

All of the anti direct sales laws are old laws. Some states change them to move forward. Some states don't. I don't think WI will change unless it makes economic sense relative to the campaign funds of those who can change it.

And...230ish...that's the rough number of Teslas in SE WI.
Correct. And I was talking with Walker a bit on getting rid/changing the direct sales law(Not in depth, but mentioned it and he seemed to go along with the idea), but that was up until the recall started. Once that started, everything was pretty much put on hold, and that was the end of it (I didn't have time to pursue it any further after the recall).

Highland Park got it's service center because they had 200 in that area. So maybe we will get one. I'm seeing them all over Milwaukee now.

Reactions: emorog
Correct. And I was talking with Walker a bit on getting rid/changing the direct sales law(Not in depth, but mentioned it and he seemed to go along with the idea), but that was up until the recall started. Once that started, everything was pretty much put on hold, and that was the end of it (I didn't have time to pursue it any further after the recall).

Highland Park got it's service center because they had 200 in that area. So maybe we will get one. I'm seeing them all over Milwaukee now.

I live in Milwaukee and my Model S has 100k miles. I don’t have the time to drive to highland park for routine maintenance. Any suggestions? Anyone mechanics nearby who can service Teslas?